PDA

View Full Version : Advertising as pre-reg

child_friendly
27-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I have had my pre-reg visit, am waiting on one of my CRB checks to come back (told will be back next week), and am waiting for my cypop5 certificate and registration certificate. I am preparing leaflets to put through people's doors in my area, looking to make business cards, do own website, sign up on chilcare.co.uk, do an advert in the local paper etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on advertising pre-reg? What should i write? I know to write i am in the process of registering as a childminder, but don't know what else to write and how to word it.

If anyone got any ideas/ advice i would appreciate it. Thanx

sarah707
27-01-2012, 09:10 PM
It''s hard when you don't have a start date - I'd just say registering childminder and talk about your unique selling point, the thing that will make you special.

Good luck! :D

EmmaReed84
27-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I would wait until you have had your pre-reg... Not because they may say no, but because you can say you have HAD your pre-reg and Ofsted have said you are suitable etc. That way parents know you have at least had one visit

I advertised on childcare.co.uk after my pre-reg and had a meeting with parent, she asked about my registration number and I was able to explain that Ofsted were waiting for one form to arrive and would then be able to issue me an Ofsted number. But I told her about my pre-reg... She seemed totally fine with it, met me several more times, once my registration letter came through she came round signed the contracts and paid the deposit.

As long you are up front about it, dont see it as a negative or explain it as a negative.

Zumba-mum
28-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I'd defo wait just in care someone is looking for care soon and you don't get your paper work in time. I did do a childcare ad saying i'd be ready to childmind from Nov as it gave me a long time to receive my stuff then i went in and changed it once i got my certificate through.

sharonmanc
28-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a facebook page, have set up a blogger account ( using it as my web page as i get on with it) and have a childcare.co.uk acount. I have put on it I will be available from April, thats when i want to start after easter hols and just updated it yesterday to say i had my pre reg and just waiting on my CRB.
I wont be doign business ards flyers etc until i have got my certificate in hand