PDA

View Full Version : Care to learn

Adiamond
27-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Morning all, I have got a new baby mindee starting with me next week :clapping: and she is getting funding through care-to-learn this is one type of funding I haven't come across before!!!

Does anyone know how it all works and how they like to pay you etc....???

Thank you x

rickysmiths
27-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I have been paid this way for the last two years and apart from a blip at the start it has be reliable.

You will have a form to fill in with all your details charges whether you charge for holidays etc. They pay for 50 weeks of the year and have paid me half fee for all the holidays. They only pay a max of £160pm a little more in the Greater London area even if your fee is more than this so you may be ok or like me you may need to make a judgement if the fee doesn't quite cover your fee.

If the child is coming part time because the student timetable is not 5 days a week check with then if they have to do any full time placements as part of their course and what they would need for childcare because CTL will not pay you any more if for instance they are already paying you the max £160 for 4 days a week. You need to make it clear if the parent has to make up any difference.

They will pay you a small registration fee if you charge one.

With holidays remember that the student will prob have 3 weeks off at Easter 3 weeks at Christmas and will have upward of 10 weeks in the summer.

CTL pay in advance monthly and when the summer holidays cam they paid me for July and August at the end of June, then I was paid for Sept at the end of August.

wendy222
27-01-2012, 09:16 AM
hi i get paid by care to learn i get paid full for holidays and its worked ok hit and miss at begin but fine now xx

keeks
27-01-2012, 09:23 AM
It is good to hear some positives about Care to Learn vouchers. When I started there were lots of posts about difficulties people have had with them. Hopefully they have improved the way they handle payments - or perhaps it was also to do with parents not doing their part, I can't really remember.

I've never used them myself.

xx

Velleity
27-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Care to Learn have been paying me promptly, the last Friday of each month, in advance for the month coming.

Adiamond
27-01-2012, 10:08 AM
thanks everyone, the parent is at school full time and has been given the funding for upto £170 per week, they are having a meeting with their young parent co-ordinator on monday and she will be filling all the paperwork in for them so I am presuming she will ring me....

Its good to hear some positives about certain fundings for a change as I have 1 parent who gets funding for college and talk about having to chase my money EVERY single month drives me mad like I haven't got anything better to do :angry:

rickysmiths
27-01-2012, 11:50 AM
hi i get paid by care to learn i get paid full for holidays and its worked ok hit and miss at begin but fine now xx

How come you get full pay for holidays? If you are I will go back to them because I was given a big no no and told only half fee.

carol cameron
29-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Me Too! I only get half fee for the holidays and was told it was the maximum payable.