PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection

Katy M
26-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I am interested to know what you all think.

I am currently going through a complaint investigation into my Ofsted inspection. I was inspected back in November 2011. The inspection seemed to go well but when it came to the sum-up with the inspector she started telling me why she was grading me 'Satisfactory'. I was holding back the tears as I have worked so hard to improve my provision. :(

When my report was sent to me via email. I just cried. She had written really sweeping statements that she cannot possibly have observed any evidence for during the inspection. I carefully wrote a complaint clearly stating what it was that I disagreed with in my report. An investigation started. I got an email soon after to say that none of my complaints had been upheld-end of investigation. So under the 'Data Protection' act I have requested a copy of all the information gathered during and after my inspection and from the following investigation. My complaint has now gone to stage 2 complaints, handled by Ofsted themselves. I am now waiting for a copy of all the information I have requested.

Has any one else had an experience like this?

Katy M

Pandypops
27-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I have no experience but wanted to say good luck and I empathise. I wasn't overly happy with my inspection - my grade was good but I felt I deserved more in certain areas. The point was that she decided my grade before she had arrived and pretty much told me that. She barely glanced at my paperwork that I had slaved over and just used my sef as evidence without checking that what I had written was true.

Anyway, by the time I had my report back I had run out of steam to complain Wish I had now - you have totally done the right thing. If you are not happy then they should investigate it properly. The inspectors are not consistent at all and it is to the detriment of us hardworking Childminders and it's really not fair.

Let us know what the outcome is!

sarah707
27-01-2012, 07:49 AM
It sounds like you are having a really tough time with Ofsted. :(

At the least they should offer you a second inspection so you can present your evidence again to a fresh set of eyes.

I hope it is sorted out for you quickly xx

miffy
27-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry I've no direct experience to share, although there are members on here who have made complaints about their inspections so hopefully they will see your post and reply.

Are you an NCMA member? Maybe someone there could help you or at least give you some support as you go through this process.

Good luck

Miffy xx

nic t
27-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I got absolutely no-where with my complaint to begin with. Tribal investigated themselves and found no fault in their findings. :rolleyes:

It wasn't until Ofsted got it at the 2nd stage that I actually got anywhere, even eventually a phonecall apology from the Director of Early Years at Ofsted.

I had to fight and chase every step of the way though (Tribal more than Ofsted) as when Ofsted found in my favour it was then passed back for Tribal to ammend which they were useless at!

Good luck and keep fighting- I think it took 6 months from my inspection to get the ammended version of my report online. :angry:

Tippy Toes
27-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Im really sorry to hear this, I have no experience of this sorry but just wanted to say I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the outcome you need.

Take care xx

Katy M
30-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you all for your positive comments:).

I just wish that the whole inspection process was a little more predictable. You may get an inspector who is hot on paperwork, or you may get one that is all about safeguarding etc etc.. I just seems to completely depend on the inspector and this doesn't seem right at all. I have been childminding since 2007 but just feel like I am 'chasing my tail' to please Ofsted. I have always had really good families and children who seem to appreciate what I do but it is so disheartening that none of this gets noticed by Ofsted. One of my parents after reading the report said she was angry at what had been written there and how untrue it was.

Anyway we shall see what the paperwork says and go from there. I would welcome another inspection but was told by Prospect that this would not happen. I can't see any other way of this being resolved. It is my word (and parents of the children I mind) against the inspector.

Watch this space.......:confused: