PDA

View Full Version : Wish things would speed up!!!

SonnysMummy
22-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi ladies:)
Sent my forms off to Ofsted at the start of april and have my pre-reg visit at the end of april. I haven't heard anything since then other than when i sent my form off to say i'd done the actions the inspector asked me to do. I wish things would hurry up because we're just living off my partner's wage and the lack of money is causing so much worry and so many arguments:( I mean...even when my cert does arrive, i then have to advertise and actually find children to care for!!!We're using some savings to live off for now but the way we've worked things out that will be gone by august and i really need to be earning money by then!!!
I don't know what to do. Maybe if i'm still no closer in a month or so i'll have to look for some temporary work so that i can earn some money while i'm waiting. The biggest reason that i want to childmind is so that i can be at home to bring my own son up. He's one next month and i really don't want to have to leave him and go out to work!!!:( :( :( My heart just feels so sad when i think about it. I don't want to miss a minute of his life. I just don't know what to do. What do you ladies suggest???

Kelly

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Why dont you start to advertise?

Hope you dont wait too long for your certificate why dont you give Ofted a call and get things moving - pester them

Good luck hope it all happens for you soon

Angel xx

SonnysMummy
22-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi Angel:) Thanks for the reply.
That's what i did this afternoon actually. I've rung up Ofsted and just asked how my application is going. They said everything is back other than my partner's CRB. So i rang the CRB place and asked them how it's going and they said his form is with the police...they received it on the 4th May and at the moment the checks are taking about 4 weeks and so it should be back soon. So do you think this is a good sign? Will they then notifiy Ofsted and then Ofsted send me my certificate? Do you think another month and i may be registered??? Do you think i'm asking too many questions??????Think so:o

Can i advertise before i'm registered then? Never knew that?!:eek: When i was having the pre-reg visit the inspector asked me if i had any children lined up...i said no as you can't advertise until you're registered, can you?, and she said no, she just wondered if i had any family or friends' children to look after. So confused now.

Kelly:confused:

sarah707
22-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Of course you can advertise!

There is no harm in having children lined up so long as you don't give definite dates for starting because you don't have one!

Sounds good news to me about the CRB... fingers crossed! :D

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I dont think you will wait long now and well done for calling them

I would advertise if I was you - you never know you might get calls for someone wanting children in the school holidays or starting September so that will give you plenty of time to get your certificate etc sorted

Just advertise and say you have a vacancy for July or something giving chance for your certificate to get to you

Its worth a go anyway and why shouldnt you ?

Angel xx

SonnysMummy
22-05-2008, 08:43 PM
What can i write then? As obviously can't say i'm a registered childminder? Was thinking of posting leaflets through doors etc.

Kelly:)

miffy
22-05-2008, 08:48 PM
You could say you are "soon to be registered" or have "almost completed" your registration or "in the process of registering" - something like that.

Posters and a leaflet drop are a good idea - advertise in the health centre or baby clinic, library, children's centre etc etc and tell everyone you meet you are going to be a childminder

Good luck

miffy xx

karenjoy
23-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Hiya

I advertised on netmums website and have a mindee lined up to start in Sept!!

Have my pre reg visit from OFSTED next Wednesday!!

I hope the process does not take too long but I should be all registered to start in Sept!!

I just put I am a soon to be registered childminder in my area and put which school I will be able to pick up and drop off from.

Hope you get your certificate soon xx

minimaestros
23-05-2008, 10:32 AM
im in a similar situation. im just waiting 4 dh's crb check. where do you call to check on its progress?

we are super skint too. my maternity leave ends at the beginning of july and i need to give a months notice if im not going back. im tempted to just do july and august then hopefully have mindees for sept, but like you i dont want to leave my little boy, even tho i would only work 2 days a week and use up my annual leave to reduce my working hours. our overdraft is only so big lol!

nic

SonnysMummy
23-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, at least it's not just me in this situation then:rolleyes: My partner is really getting on at me though and it's causing so many arguments!!! It really shouldn't be much longer but he just says he's sick of scraping by and he sees nothing of his wage:rolleyes: It is horrible but we do budget for him to have a couple of nights out with his friends...not enough dosh for me to go out aswell but i don't moan!!! He thinks my luxury is that i get to stay at home with our son...to me i just can't do anything else!!! I always said when i had children i'd be there for them...to take them to school and see all the milestones etc...my parents worked full time when i was growing up and i never saw them!!! Was always at my grandparents and now i am so close to them. I do believe that you are closest to the people you spend most time with while growing up.

Anyway...how does this sound?

Mary Poppins Childminding.
Soon to be registered childminder; had successful Ofsted inspection.
NVQ in Children's Care, Learning and Development and experience of working with children.
Telephone...

Anything else i should include?

Kelly:)

karenjoy
23-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Which school you can drop off and pick up from?? x

minimaestros
23-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Nic the phone no. to chase up CRB checks is 0870 9090811.

Thanks for that!

You could put what ages you have vacancies for???