PDA

View Full Version : working in partnership with schools

adele1985
26-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I have recently took on children and i drop off and collect from 5 diffrent schools an variouse days

three of the children i care for are 3 years old, one is 4, one is 5, one is 9 and the oldest is 12

any ideas of how i can prove to ofsted i work in partnership with the schools??

At the minuet I dont really communicate with them as the children just come to me in the school playgrounds when they are let out of school

The teachers always look so busy trying to find each childs parent/carer before they let them go

any ideas ????

christine e
26-01-2012, 04:08 PM
3 year olds are just let out in the playground? Really think you need to make contact with the teachers of the 3s and 4 year olds and the 5 year old if still in the EYFS as you should be working together to share learning. The children that i care for that go to pre school their teachers share their planning with me and we have little informal chats about how the child is doing in nursery and with me - we show each other pictures and writing and generally share achievements and any problems that there may have been. With younger children in school I take the child into the classroom and pass on messages from parents, check on medication stocks, and again share achievements and any problems. With older children (10 and 11 year olds) I rarely speak with teacher but I do when I have to

Cx

adele1985
26-01-2012, 06:22 PM
3 year olds are just let out in the playground? Really think you need to make contact with the teachers of the 3s and 4 year olds and the 5 year old if still in the EYFS as you should be working together to share learning. The children that i care for that go to pre school their teachers share their planning with me and we have little informal chats about how the child is doing in nursery and with me - we show each other pictures and writing and generally share achievements and any problems that there may have been. With younger children in school I take the child into the classroom and pass on messages from parents, check on medication stocks, and again share achievements and any problems. With older children (10 and 11 year olds) I rarely speak with teacher but I do when I have to

Cx

they are let out of thier classroom and the teacher looks for thier parents one by one and then the children are told where thier paretns are (this happens for all of mindees

This is why i find it difficult to speak to teachers they are always busy trying to find parents of children who are still in thier care

sarah707
26-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Write to them offering to have a meeting to discuss the little one's learning and development - make sure you have parents permission.

Don't hold your breath for a reply though some schools just don't bother unfortunately.

Keep the letter in the child's file with any other evidence of what the child has done to show your inspector you have tried.

Hth :D