PDA

View Full Version : new fountain water table!!

jadavi
26-01-2012, 02:28 PM
So excited I have to share!!

I spent a while trying to get an indoor fountain mainly for the sound of splashing water (having been impressed by an Eliz Jarman Communication friendly spaces exhbit!)

After buying one on ebay which was lethal - a mains connection in water!!!! (got a complete refund)
I found my local garden centre had huge reduction on fountains and I picked one up for £12 reduced from £65.

I got a Travesco one ('called 'a floating fountain with changing light display' ) and it clamps into my watertable which has a diagonal division (didn't work on my one with a rectangular one,) The great thing about it is the height of the fountain changes when you add or take away water so half the time the children are squeezing and pouring water from one side to the other.

Trying to keep the natural sensory theme, I filled it with shells, large stones and a conch and some starfish we had and a microscope. The children could landscape the fountain which has a central base by piling up the shells etc.. We also made it warm and put in some bubbles and vanilla.

One lad couldn't resist putting his head over and over into the fountain for the sensation and just looking at me blinking and feeling it run down his neck. it was hilarious.

The safety was fine, it was low voltage.
I covered the lead going to the plug with a carpet and had a big towel on the floor for splashes. I would never do it unsupervised anyway.

The funny thing was...you've spotted it... the starfish. I hadn't realised they would go soft and disintegrate and start ponging!!!! So we lost one and have salvaged the other for dry examination only !

The really lovely thing was I have a heavy flat glass 'mia fiori' paper weight which has gorgeous colours in and I laid it over the changing lights in the middle of the base and turned the overhead lights off and they had a fab light show.

So chuffed! Will try and attach a pic if someone could tell me how....

The Juggler
26-01-2012, 05:04 PM
sounds fab. how does the pump work ??

Tippy Toes
26-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh that sounds great! Lovely idea :)

Poor starfish tho xx

Goatgirl
26-01-2012, 05:51 PM
That sounds lovely! Really hope you manage to attach a photo or two :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

miffy
26-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Sounds great - hope you manage to attach some pictures

Miffy xx

flowerpots
26-01-2012, 06:00 PM
sounds fab, i dont know how to attatch pics either but hope you manage to work it out. :)

Jiorjiina
26-01-2012, 08:16 PM
To show a picture, when you are typing your reply click on the little square yellow box with grey triangles in it (it's just above the typing box, on the right hand end of the row of icons.)

I'd love to see some pictures, it sounds brill!

miss mopple
26-01-2012, 08:27 PM
sounds fantastic! I use tinypic.com for photos. You can upload on there and it will give you an image code that you just copy and paste into your thread and the pic will show up

Christi
26-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds fab! :)