PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour Advice Needed....

Pandypops
26-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Hiya - I am really struggling with my son's behaviour so I am after some advice from you lovely lot :blush:

My son is 20 months old and he is quite aggressive towards the other children who are all 10/11 months old (4 of them on different days). He pushes them over, scratches their faces and is generally unmanageable, always doing "naughty" things.

I have tried removing him and sitting him on the sofa = doesn't work. I shadow him, but he still manages to get away and he has this real look of hatred on his face when he does it which is really upsetting.

I know he is at the stage where he is pushing boundaries, but I have taken to having the travel cot in the living room and keep putting him in it when he plays up. I feel dreadful doing that to him though.

Any advice???

Trouble
26-01-2012, 02:03 PM
maybe gets some feelings books, or have a feelings theme

but i think your doing the right thing with the travel cot as long as he knows why hes in there :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
26-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I think just keep doing what your doing, removing him from the situation, telling him 'no' when he does something wrong.

In time things will improve xx

maluvsya89
26-01-2012, 02:06 PM
hi there, i look after my twin siblings aged 2 full time and i just registered as a childminder. my brother has become very aggressive to not just the other children, sister but to me aswell. we had health visitor around yesterday and he bit me twice on my leg and then on my hand i told him off and sat him on the "step" but he ran in after me and starting hitting me my mom had to pull him away from me, was so embarrassing... but anyway back to the point i use the travel cot sometimes, and your doing it to protect you, you son and the other children so don't feel bad on your self. i have started using a sticker chart to as the twins love stickers so when he has had a good day he gets a sticker at the end of the day (usually after tea) the sticker chart works wonders as my sister refuses to touch food all day and gets a sticker every time she eats something. promote the good behaviour to i make a big deal out of him when he hugs or shares a toy. good luck x