PDA

View Full Version : Sharing!

handeme
26-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Has anyone get any ideas to promote sharing?

We are having a real problem with it at the moment but the children are at that age too.

I have tried everything I can think of, sharing games, taking turn games, getting multiple of some items etc but nothing seems to helping. Any ideas x

The Juggler
26-01-2012, 09:53 AM
depending on the age, simple ball games or a simple game like monkey tree where you take turns to place the monkey but they don't have to wait too long.

also games where they help each other can help with sharing issues.

Other than that in the past I have used egg times and my oven clock (with beeper) over much disputed toys so they know when it is time to swap :thumbsup:

handeme
26-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you, the word of the moment in this household appears to be 'mine!'. The children are between 18 and 22 months.

The Juggler
26-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Thank you, the word of the moment in this household appears to be 'mine!'. The children are between 18 and 22 months.

well maybe a bit young for simple games even but rolling a ball or do you have one of those pop up tents? I have one with a hoel in teh top. Just use one ball/beanbag, get them to pop in the hole and let it drop in tent. Next child can't have a turn until they have waited for ball to drop and they can get it.

Or a crawl along tunnel. They can ONLY go one at a time, or even slides outdoors, those are great things for turn taking without the long wait with toys that are coveted.

If there is a really coveted item - maybe worth investing in a second one though :thumbsup: