PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when your own children are ill

sassy
22-05-2008, 12:48 PM
just wondering....my youngest daughter is really ill and i am still minding...hence i don't have time to give her all my attention...she's getting worse and i have just called doctors...but will have to take mindee with me, what would you do ?

mindeee is 2 and potty training so she is also needing my full attention

thanks for any advice sassy x

sarah707
22-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Put your child first and get the other child collected...

I hope she improves quickly :D

katickles
22-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess it depends on whats wrong with my own lo.

If i had concerns that whatever was wrong could be passed onto the mindee's then i would inform parents. Its maybe better that they arrange alternative care rather than also getting poorly.

Hope your lo is ok! :)

ma7ie
22-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I would always send mindee home if it happens while they are here or cancel them.

I've never had a problem with parents over this and your family comes first.

sassy
22-05-2008, 12:59 PM
hello it's me
yes i thought that too but i feel bad as i have mindee full time and have never had a day off sick or been late to collect her,

sassy

Pudding Girl
22-05-2008, 01:02 PM
In that case then surely the parents cannot mind if you do this once?

LOOPYLISA
22-05-2008, 01:02 PM
That was one of the questions i have been wanting to ask , think i agree i would put my daughter first and get others collected, hope shes ok x:thumbsup:

fionamal
22-05-2008, 01:03 PM
In general no matter whats wrong with mine, if they are ill I dont work so i can give them all my attention.

Arrange to have the little one collected and you can then take your daughter to docs on your own

venus89
22-05-2008, 01:06 PM
If my child had a tummy upset or similar the evening before and was fine for the night and felt ok in the morning but the school wouldn't take her (although they always have under those circumstances, bless 'em) then I'd accept the mindee, so long as th parent was ok with that (I don't see them saying no). if it was something like chickenpox, I'd check with the parents (again, I can't see them saying no.....) but it sounds like your daughter is really rough and under those circumstances I'd get them collected.

ma7ie
22-05-2008, 01:10 PM
hello it's me
yes i thought that too but i feel bad as i have mindee full time and have never had a day off sick or been late to collect her,

sassy

Don't feel bad. She's your daughter and I'm sure they will understand.

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I think you should concentrate on your daughter

None of us like to let the parents down but sometimes we have to dont we

Your daughter needs you

Hope she feels better soon

Angel xx

donnahay0
22-05-2008, 09:10 PM
It does depend on what's wrong with your child and how much extra attention they will need.

When my daughter had chicken pox (at 9) I had my mindees come as normal. One of them had already had it as a baby and the other two mums wanted their toddlers to catch it as early as possible. Neither of the toddlers caught it (but since have through pre-school).

I took the first day off to look after my daughter but she was fine so I left it up to the parents to decide what they wanted to do. I was still able to do the school run because my neighbour sat with my daughter for me.

mertonparker
22-05-2008, 10:00 PM
It all depends on whats wrong with them & If my child had to be taken out to collect a mindee-if so then no I wouldnt mind that day, however if no collection was needed and child was not contagious then would probably mind with parents permission of course.