PDA

View Full Version : chicken pox

lulubelle
25-01-2012, 06:28 PM
my 3 yr old has chicken pox, i asked around local minders whether i should stop minding while he is ill or not and generally thought was as long as parents are happy/there children had chicken pox etc then to carry on.

i have since had a friend send me a message saying how can you still be working its contagious etc really dont know what to do, think parents would be more annoyed if i took time off, especially if my 1 year old ends up getting it too in a few days etc

BuggsieMoo
25-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Chicken Pox parties are no longer encouraged

funemnx
25-01-2012, 06:48 PM
As long as you call all the parents and give them the opportunity to keep children home it shouldn't be a problem (don't charge them). I've found a lot of parents are happy to still bring children x

lulubelle
25-01-2012, 06:54 PM
As long as you call all the parents and give them the opportunity to keep children home it shouldn't be a problem (don't charge them). I've found a lot of parents are happy to still bring children x

thats what i thought, i explained that there would be no charge if they didnt want to bring there child, 3 out of my 5 mindees have had it, other mum was a bit worried but still choose to send them in!

nic t
25-01-2012, 06:57 PM
thats what i thought, i explained that there would be no charge if they didnt want to bring there child, 3 out of my 5 mindees have had it, other mum was a bit worried but still choose to send them in!

The problem you have is what if one of the mindees then go on to catch up. Their parents will probably expect you still to have them as they sent them to you when your lo had it.