PDA

View Full Version : HAGGIS

loocyloo
25-01-2012, 05:48 PM
i've got a lovely mindee, who is rather fussy about food, doesn't eat much and takes forever to eat anything ...

tonight he has eaten 3, yes 3 plates of haggis,neeps & tatties ! ( & veg & gravy !!! ) he had finished his first plateful in only a few minutes and asked for 'more aggis peas' ... i've had him 6 mths, i've NEVER had him ask for more anything, except for water!, then he asked for more !!!! :laughing:

i told parent on pick up and they were as astounded as me!

my children love haggis too, and so do i, so i think it might become a regular feature of our menu!

funemnx
25-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh how lovely! It's great when something you though would be a problem isn't! I think us grown up are put off it because we know what's in it don't you think? It tastes like comfort food to me and I'm sure most children would think so too, well done! :thumbsup:

nell57
25-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I had the same break through with one of my mindees eating chinese food last night, so proud of him:thumbsup:

Well done to your little one too:thumbsup:

The Juggler
25-01-2012, 10:35 PM
:clapping::clapping: that is great. mind you hard to get haggis when it's not burns night - well down south anyway

rickysmiths
25-01-2012, 10:42 PM
:clapping::clapping: that is great. mind you hard to get haggis when it's not burns night - well down south anyway

Waitrose sell it all year round.

The Juggler
25-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Waitrose sell it all year round.

well if it comes from waitrose it wouldn't be on my weekly menu for mindees :laughing::laughing: waitrose is for spesh occasions only in our house :laughing::laughing:

Roseolivia
26-01-2012, 06:48 AM
I have just had new mindees start over the last couple weeks and everyone of them are good eaters. They even ask for seconds:clapping:

maisiemog
26-01-2012, 07:03 AM
I couldnt bring myself to serve haggis. The thought of it makes me heave. Instead our Burns Supper substituted it for square sausages instead. I'm reliably informed by my scottish SIL that it is a worthy substitute! The mindees loved oatcakes though which surprised me!

The Juggler
26-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I couldnt bring myself to serve haggis. The thought of it makes me heave. Instead our Burns Supper substituted it for square sausages instead. I'm reliably informed by my scottish SIL that it is a worthy substitute! The mindees loved oatcakes though which surprised me!

you should try the veggie haggis - it's lovely :thumbsup: