PDA

View Full Version : How dippy are your mindees' parents?

Helen Dempster
25-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Was speaking to one of my mindees' mums earlier and she said she had forgotten she was meant to pick up her dd from me and had taken the road home rather than the one to me...then she said once when her dd was with another childminder, she'd driven to work, was about to get out the car and heard a little sneeze come from the back seat! She'd completely forgotten to drop her dd off with the childminder before setting off for work! I found this really funny.

One one of the mums I have now is very 'blonde' and she's always falling over, knocking into things (she knocked a whole stack of water down in the petrol station recently)...:laughing:

Just got me thinking if any of your parents are 'deeply dippy' as Right Said Fred once sang (who? you youngsters are now asking!) :blush:

MAWI
25-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Mine are usually all Dippy around payment date funnily enough!! Apart from that nowhere generally ok.
I did have a parent once that went on a works night out straight from work and forgot to even tell me she was going!! And made no arrangements for someone to collect!! I don't look after the child now as there were quite a lot of those incidents.

JCrakers
25-01-2012, 02:38 PM
One of my mums has done the same thing...drove to work and thought 'Gosh, Im early today' Turned round to get her bag off the back seat and found her dd still in her carseat...we had a good chuckle about that :D

BuggsieMoo
25-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Ive had a parent turn up 2 times to pick child up on day I wasnt looking after them. Had me in a panic wondering if I was meant to have got them from school and forgotton. :blush:

kellib
25-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I regularly get a txt from a parent on the Monday morning asking which days her Lo is booked in this week :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
25-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't know about the parents I have them!

Got myself and two mindees in the car at 3.45 this afternoon to go and get ds from school. I'm outside waiting reading my book, mindees singing in the back, we had been there for 5min before it dawned on me that its Wed, Orchestra day and his dad picks him up at 4.45pm :laughing::laughing:

SammyM
25-01-2012, 06:16 PM
One of my 'parents' called the police once to say her car had been stolen from the works carpark, it was only when she got home, she remembered she'd gone in on the bus that day!!!

funemnx
25-01-2012, 06:22 PM
My parents all seem to know what they're doing but my son was supposed to take his son to school yesterday and didn't realise he hadn't until he got on the motorway! Needless to say my grandson told on him! :laughing:

Tippy Toes
25-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Some very funny reading on this thread :D

Helen Dempster
25-01-2012, 07:25 PM
One of my 'parents' called the police once to say her car had been stolen from the works carpark, it was only when she got home, she remembered she'd gone in on the bus that day!!!

ROFL1::ROFL1:

keeks
25-01-2012, 07:42 PM
My nan was my childminder in the 70's. Once my dad drove all the way to work and forgot to drop me off. I remember thinking "oh, this is strange, we're going a different way". When he got out of the car I squeaked "Hello Dad" and made him jump! To this day I wonder if he had just left me there had I not piped up!

Oh, and I've got a couple of slightly dippy parents, but none of them can match me! :D I am the most notoriously dippy person in the South East. A classic "me" was last week. I realised I had double booked a parent to come for parents evening here on the same day I actually had my son's parents evening. I apologised and changed days. On the day I got ready to go, and my son asked where what I was doing. I told him, and he said "but that's tomorrow!". So... yes, I had to phone parent again! :blush:

When parents are dippy it never bothers me at all, I'm just happy to have some buddies! :laughing:

xx

stardust
26-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Mine are usually all Dippy around payment date funnily enough!! Apart from that nowhere generally ok.
I did have a parent once that went on a works night out straight from work and forgot to even tell me she was going!! And made no arrangements for someone to collect!! I don't look after the child now as there were quite a lot of those incidents.

This parent would have got a nasty bill from me, I would have doubled the rate after the normal collection time and then tripled it after 10pm :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
26-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I had a parent change her days at work, therefore changing her days with me from Wednesdays and Fridays to Wednesdays and Thursdays. Which was fine except she didn't tell me! I'd had to close on the Wednesday because my DS had been sick, then she didn't turn up on the Friday as expected- I called her and she said 'I don't do Fridays anymore, it's changed to a Thursday, I presumed you were still closed yesterday because of J being ill.....ohh did I not tell you I'd changed my days, oops!'

Mummits
26-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I had a parent phone to say they might pick up early - what time would you be home? Er - I am home - you are phoning me at home!