PDA

View Full Version : would this put you off going out with mindees?

adele1985
25-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I fell half way down the stairs on monday morning and hit my head on the corner of the wall in the hall (before mindee got here) a egg popped up on my head within seconds and its got a cut on it where it hit the corner

apart from the shock that mad me feel dizzy and sick after about 10 mins i felt fine (wasent that botherd about the state of my head as my fringe covers it completly)

I woke up this morning with a black eye (which im assuming is from the fall??)

would having a black eye put you off going out with your mindees - I was planning on going to a playgroup on thursday but I feel really self conciouse now

would this put you off going out with mindees or am i just being daft ???

catminder
25-01-2012, 01:54 PM
If you want to go and feel well enough after your accident then I'd go. Hope your head gets better soon :thumbsup:

uf353432
25-01-2012, 01:56 PM
gosh I think you are being daft pet (sorry) :blush:

go out - have fun :)

ps sorry you had a horrible fall. and hope your eye/head heals soon,

kindredspirits
25-01-2012, 02:15 PM
no it wouldn't put me off going out but i would feel self-concious about it.
a couple of years ago my DS kicked me in bed and i ended up with a black eye - i did feel funny about it tbh but i still went out and about as usual.

the other day my DH gave himself a black eye whilst working under the van :rolleyes: he wanted to go to the drop in clinic with me and our baby because a couple of days before he'd had a row with the HV and he is sure she thinks he's a wife beater! lol

Helen Dempster
25-01-2012, 02:27 PM
go out and have fun (but take things a bit easy too, if you can). Hope you feel better soon.

I remember a few years ago now when I used to do karate, I used to be absolutely covered in bruises. One time we'd been smashing roof tiles with our arms and you can imagine the state of them. I remember sitting on a train with my (then) BF and him getting some really awful looks from people sitting opposite us...they must've assumed the worse and he'd been beating me up!

claireLouise
25-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Make ups the answer. Go, it's sounds like you need some compnay.

Claire

wendywu
25-01-2012, 06:18 PM
No I went out with a black eye before Christmas. I hit my cheek bone with my hairbrush drying my hair down the gym. I was there for two weeks :mad:

Did I feel stupid or what :blush:

Tippy Toes
25-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I would feel self conscious so would probably still go out with the mindees but somewhere not too busy.

nikki thomson
25-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Well mindee turned up this morning with a massive swollen forehead with an awful what I can only describe as it looks like someone has painted bubble wrap red and printed the pattern on her head, it's the most bizzare marks I've ever seen, fell at home onto I don't know what and neither does mum as she wasn't in the room, well I can only say she looks like an extra from star trek, honestly if one more person asks me what she's done to her head I am gonna scream.

I know it's just one of those things but people are constantly staring at me and her, I want a big sign that says NOT ON MY WATCH, lol. X

keeks
25-01-2012, 07:46 PM
No I went out with a black eye before Christmas. I hit my cheek bone with my hairbrush drying my hair down the gym. I was there for two weeks :mad:

Did I feel stupid or what :blush:

You need to get onto the "dippy" thread! :D

I am sorry, but that made me chuckle, I hope it didn't hurt. xx

keeks
25-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh, and I would go! I see what you mean about feeling a bit self conscious, but there is absolutely no need.

xx

samb
25-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh no!!! I suppose at least if mindee looks that bad it will take the attention off your eye?!

The Juggler
25-01-2012, 10:25 PM
oh no, you AND mindee.

No go out hon. I had a black eye 18 months ago. getting baby out of buggy, son leaning over her, he got up to get out of way and headbutted me in my eyebrown bone. Felt painful but other than that..... that was Friday

Saturday morning, went to a conference at Penn Green next day with loads of other CM's. Woke up and looked in bathroom mirror- huge black eye :laughing::blush:

By the tuesdsay it was green, yellow, black and I had to go to school to see the Ed Psych for my son - wasn't sure if she'd think domestic violence or my son had behaviour issues but she never even mentioned it :p

keeks
25-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Well mindee turned up this morning with a massive swollen forehead with an awful what I can only describe as it looks like someone has painted bubble wrap red and printed the pattern on her head, it's the most bizzare marks I've ever seen, fell at home onto I don't know what and neither does mum as she wasn't in the room, well I can only say she looks like an extra from star trek, honestly if one more person asks me what she's done to her head I am gonna scream.

I know it's just one of those things but people are constantly staring at me and her, I want a big sign that says NOT ON MY WATCH, lol. X

:eek: Oh no, I never saw this post! You poor guys! I hope mindee isn't in pain.

xx

wendywu
26-01-2012, 12:40 AM
You need to get onto the "dippy" thread! :D

I am sorry, but that made me chuckle, I hope it didn't hurt. xx

No it did not hurt it did not even make my eyes water. I carried on drying the other side of my hair and when i looked down i could see this big lump coming up.

But you know everyone is looking at you when you go out, im sure Adele will find the same :laughing: