PDA

View Full Version : Just want to get back to normal!

SammyM
25-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I've been offering cover for a fellow CM while shes suns herself in florida for 2 weeks :rolleyes: I've only had a extra couple of children over the two weeks, but we're such a tight knit little group, its really changed the dynamics.

Todays the last day though, and while I've enjoyed the extra ££, I'll be glad to get back to normal!

Mummits
25-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I do emergency/ad hoc childminding from time to time. I rather like the fact that an additional child shakes us the routines a bit, but you are right that it can alter the dynamics and the relationships and it is nice to go back to normal too (if you can call it normal!)

loocyloo
25-01-2012, 01:36 PM
same here!

i have one little lady who always comes to me when her usual minder can't have her, and at the end of it, i always say to myself, ''i'm going to say no next time'' then time passes, and i remember the fun ... and i say yes!

Mummits
25-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I should add that the last "emergency" child I had was when her nanny was on holiday. I was a bit apologetic about the fees until the Mum said oh that's nothing - nanny costs £18 an hour! I'm cheap - it's official!