PDA

View Full Version : When did you start advertising? Please explain!!

greenfields
25-01-2012, 10:14 AM
... No one replied to my thread about my car sticker :( so I'll try here instead.

I've read quite a few threads here about when to start advertising but it's not clear to me.

Can I advertise now? I expect my visit any time now.
I won't be starting work until I'm registered and (obviously) I won't be stating I'm registered (yet) but that I am in the process of registering.

I have listed myself on a couple of websites but I'm wondering if I can put my car stickers up and do a door drop off now, both of which direct people to my website where I state that I'm in the process of registering.

I need to be working ASAP!

As for my checks. My CRB should be back any day now. I have a collection of CRBs so knowwhat they're all about and they take about a fortnight usually so that's due back very soon.

Pipsqueak
25-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi there hun. Sorry that you go no replies to your other thread - the forum is getting so big that some threads get missed. :o

When to start advertising - now. Start advertising yourself - any potential clients that enquire you can just be honest and say that you are awaiting your registration certificate...

if you are due your visit and have your crb's back then it should be long at all.

what question did you have about car stickers?

Tippy Toes
25-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes I would start advertising now, put your car stickers up and do a door drop.

I didn't start advertising until after I was registered and therefore it took me longer to fill spaces!

As long as you make people aware that your in the process of registering then I cant see a problem.

Most esquires I get are for places in the future (a month or two) some are for immediate childcare. So its worth getting yourself known in advance.

Good luck xx

greenfields
25-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi there hun. Sorry that you go no replies to your other thread - the forum is getting so big that some threads get missed. :o

When to start advertising - now. Start advertising yourself - any potential clients that enquire you can just be honest and say that you are awaiting your registration certificate...

if you are due your visit and have your crb's back then it should be long at all.

what question did you have about car stickers?

Thanks. I've advertised on a couple of websites but if I were to tell people, locally, then I wouldn't want to get in any trouble for it and be reported. ;)

The question about the car sticker was just can I put it up without getting into any trouble really. It states my name, childcare in x location and website address. At the website I state I am in the process of registering.

greenfields
25-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Yes I would start advertising now, put your car stickers up and do a door drop.

I didn't start advertising until after I was registered and therefore it took me longer to fill spaces!

As long as you make people aware that your in the process of registering then I cant see a problem.

Most esquires I get are for places in the future (a month or two) some are for immediate childcare. So its worth getting yourself known in advance.

Good luck xx

Thanks, this is what I was thinking. Not everyone wants childcare immediately.
Thing is, I spoke to someone about my application yesterday (man who answered the phone). I asked if I could start advertising and all he said was, 'that's a tricky one really, I'll get someone to call you'. But I did say to him I wouldn't be claiming I was registered but was in the process of.

I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. But still feel unsure now as to what to do, what's the norm?

Twinkle-Toes
25-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I started advertising a few weeks before I was registered.

I just made sure I put on my adverts 'hope to be registed by X' and then as soon as I was I just deleted that bit!!

I even had a family round before I was registered as they were really interested, they left their details and asked me to let them know as soon as it was all sorted.

I did and have been looking after them since! :thumbsup:

greenfields
25-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I started advertising a few weeks before I was registered.

I just made sure I put on my adverts 'hope to be registed by X' and then as soon as I was I just deleted that bit!!

I even had a family round before I was registered as they were really interested, they left their details and asked me to let them know as soon as it was all sorted.

I did and have been looking after them since! :thumbsup:

Oo well that's very encouraging!

I wonder why I was told 'that's a tricky one' then? Maybe that's the equivalent to 'I don't know'. :laughing:

Well if I haven't been told otherwise by the weekend, I will start sticking stickers and maybe be brave enough to do a door drop.

greenfields
25-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Well I've spoken with my inspector. And very nice she was too.
BUT. She does advises that I don't start advertising yet as there as no guarantees I will get registered and I cannot tell families when I will be able to start.

Fair enough although she gave me an estimate over the phone and I know my checks will go through, and I know my house is safe, anything that'll be advised will be minor.

I thought it'd be worth saying so here as I bet there are lots of newbies doing regular searches on advertising. Just as well I've not stuck stickers or posted cards then! What a way to upset the inspector! :blush:;)

So for now I shall continue to twiddle my thumbs.