PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

Rubybubbles
24-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I am moving nearly 99% very soon, I have been asked if I would nanny for a family until I get my own house (new one) registered for childminding.

I understand I don't need to register as it is a voluntary if working from the child's home. Can I stay self employed for the period I would be working in the child's own home? It would only be for as long as it takes Ofsted to register the new house:thumbsup: It is very vague about conditions on the HMRC site :o

thanks, I seem to remember someone else doing this before!!

muffins
24-01-2012, 08:23 PM
When I moved they changed my registration over on the day!

Rubybubbles
24-01-2012, 08:27 PM
When I moved they changed my registration over on the day!

really ohhh! how long ago did you move? I moved 2 years ago (hubby RAF) and it took 2 weeks!

flowerpots
24-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I moved just before xmas and Ofsted did it same day. :D

muffins
24-01-2012, 09:48 PM
really ohhh! how long ago did you move? I moved 2 years ago (hubby RAF) and it took 2 weeks!

Beginning of Nov last yr! I gave them 2wks notice to sort it out!

Rubybubbles
24-01-2012, 10:06 PM
oh fingers crossed then!

But would I be okay going back to OP:D?

The Juggler
24-01-2012, 10:14 PM
nannys' can be employed or self employed hon so if you want to work at their house and charge a rate for the hours worked you can :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
24-01-2012, 10:19 PM
nannys' can be employed or self employed hon so if you want to work at their house and charge a rate for the hours worked you can :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: brilliant thank you:clapping:

I have been asked to start mid march possibly(term time only) we won't get a house until Easter so didn't want to lose the work!

if you hadn't worked out I am coming back to childminding once I move lol!