PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to do

prettypink0206
22-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

im not sure im in the right place but here goes......

i was at a toddler grp this morning and the woman i was talking to has a 9mth old child, she has gone bk to wk 2mths ago i said ' who looks after baby' she told me her next door neighbour who is a cm. This cm i know of and her baby is the same age as the one she is looking after.

So im sure u can only mind one under one?????
as she also has another 1 who is four???
plus her other kids when they get bk from school who r under 8 3of them

is this right, i dont want to make the wrong decision, eg imform ofsted when there was no need.

she has the chld for 2 full days a week

xx:huh:

katickles
22-05-2008, 11:24 AM
You are right in what you say about 1 child being under 1year - however, it is possible to care for more then 1 if a variation request is granted from Ofsted. The cildminder would have had to applied before caring for this lo.

HTH :)

littlesprogs
22-05-2008, 11:25 AM
she also might look after them on different days or at different times.

miffy
22-05-2008, 11:27 AM
It's possible the childminder has a variation to care for two babies under one.

If so she would be within her numbers.

The only way to check is ask her, have a look at her inspection report on Ofsted's website if you know her registration number or can identify her some other way or phone Ofsted and voice your concerns

miffy xx

Pauline
22-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll just move this to Minding Chat where you will get more replies :)

Blaze
22-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Nothing to add...but didn't want to read & run!:)

Tatia
22-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't feel it's my place to keep track of other minders, unless there is a serious issue like witnessing abuse or neglect. There are too many variables, too many reasons why she might be perfectly okay to do what she is doing. :)

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I mind 3 babies - 2 together sometimes and another at different times

I am allowed to do this though it is on my certificate

Its always best to check facts before you report someone things are not always as they seem

Angel xx

Twinkles
22-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Not sure I would feel it was my place to report this sort of thing. As has been said too many variables. Unless I felt the children were in danger I would keep out of it. I would hate to think other minders were monitoring what I was or was not doing, who I was minding and at what times.

Pudding Girl
22-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Is it not an obligation for a Childminder to report this though? Not legal, obv, but moral cerainly. Far better to report something that turns out to be allowed ( variation etc) than to let it go and something happen?

I would ALWAYS report someone if I saw that they were over their numbers - it's something that is easily and quickly checked surely?

I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who felt the need to report me, in fact I would be pleased ( in a perverse kind of way!) that people cared enough about the mindees to worry about it.

miss muffit
22-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi I am registered for 2 under 1 yrs, i asked ofsted just incase i had an enquiry about twins.

I also have a variation for 4 x 2yr olds and under for a morning and yes i was reported anonomously about the amount of kiddies even tho i was doing nothing wrong it still upset me having ofsted knocking on my door.

Its the not knowing who it was that reported me....and yes i have the feeling it was another childminder.

I think its always best to check facts first.

wendywu
26-05-2008, 11:20 PM
No i dont think its any of our business to keep track of other minders, unless you feel a child is being abused.

Lou you would not know if someone was over their numbers. In a real emergency you can get the go ahead from Ofsted over the phone straight away. So even if youlooked on the internet you would not know the true facts.

And i would not be happy to have Ofsted to come knocking on my door for a complaint about numbers i had permission for. :panic:

chez1373
27-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I agree with Wendywu