PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom toiletries??

sharonmanc
24-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I know i have to keep cleanign stuffs and any lotions potions, razors ect out of view and locked away, but what about toothpaste, I have de cluttered my bathroom, I have a shower gel out that is high up on a shelf over tha bath, only mayself and my 16 year old can reach it, a hand wash on the sink, and my toothpaste and tooth brushes, is this ok, i still need my bathroom to be a bathroom, and i dont know if i need everything locked away - a bit confused

sarah707
25-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I have toothpaste out but it's at the back of the windowledge.

Risk assess it and talk about how you teach children not to touch your personal things. Check the child's age and stage and what they can reach. Focus on climbers and how they are supervised.

hth :D

Mouse
25-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I have out toothbrushes, toothpaste, liquid soap and a bar of soap. Everything else is in the cupboard because that's how I prefer it.

I only really look after pre-school children, who don't have access to the bathroom by themselves, so it isn't a concern of mine. If I ever have older children here (holiday cover for school children usually) I check that my own children haven't left things out & about.

I have to be honest, I think it's all a bit daft. We are home settings, so shouldn't be worried about having shower gels etc out. I'm sure the children probably do at home. I think if you risk assess for the individual children in your care, you would be OK.

sharonmanc
25-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank you, I am relaxing a bit now, and some things are not being put away as we use them daily, but will risk assess.

Demonjill
26-01-2012, 12:12 AM
I only have cleaning stuff, hairspray and obvious things like razors away. My officer was fine with this.

Shampoos shower gels are up high in the shower and no one goes in there:laughing:

miffy
26-01-2012, 07:52 AM
In the toilet that the children use I only have liquid soap and toilet rolls!

In our bathroom there are toothbrushes, toothpaste plus shower gels/shampoo but none are within reach and children only use this room if accompanied by me - RA's are done to reflect that and inspector was happy with it.

Miffy xx