PDA

View Full Version : nannying?anyone know anything about it?

amy douglas
24-01-2012, 06:53 PM
im going to be doing a school drop off & pick up for an 11 & 13 yr old. they wont be coming to my house so technically i wont really be childminding them. am i better off being their 'nanny'. dad is a single parent so can claim something towards childcare & has my info inc reg no. do i still have to do all the paperwork?child record forms, contracts etc.

muffins
24-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Guessing from what you say they won't be coming to your house in which case the he won't be able to use your childminding reg number to claim childcare cos you won't be minding them! You will need to register with ofsted as a nanny so he can claim using that!
No I don't think it is a requirement to do EYFS obs, planning etc but you do have to keep permission forms etc!
If you work as his nanny the tax office may insist he employ you rather than you work as self employed (they assess each case individually), meaning he has to register as an employer opening up a whole new can of worms!:rolleyes:
Hope this help!

stardust
26-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Guessing from what you say they won't be coming to your house in which case the he won't be able to use your childminding reg number to claim childcare cos you won't be minding them! You will need to register with ofsted as a nanny so he can claim using that!
No I don't think it is a requirement to do EYFS obs, planning etc but you do have to keep permission forms etc!
If you work as his nanny the tax office may insist he employ you rather than you work as self employed (they assess each case individually), meaning he has to register as an employer opening up a whole new can of worms!:rolleyes:
Hope this help!

you can have home childcarer added to you registration for free just e-mail ofsted I have both, I used to be a nanny so would like the option to go back if the right family ever came along x