PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please?

amy douglas
24-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I am just about to take on a school run for an 11 & 13 yr olds & they are siblings. i will pick them up from their house in the morning take them to their schools & pick one of them up after school (the other will walk home). Do I need to do contracts, child record forms etc for this?

rickysmiths
24-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Are they coming to your house at all? The reason I ask is that you need to be very careful about behaving like a taxi in that you are picking up from home and delivering home. Your car insurance may not like it and I'm not sure about Public liability when the children never come to your house.

If you do do it then yes you should have a contract for each child, a set of permission forms for each child and a child information form for each. You should have a Child Protection policy and a complaints procedure all of which the parent should have copies of. I would also have a Severe Weather/Breakdown Policy to cover yourself in either event.

amy douglas
24-01-2012, 04:57 PM
hi no the children will never be coming to my house unless there was an emergency so basically i am being like a taxi service. would this even come under childminding? it will be term time only.

Pipsqueak
24-01-2012, 05:03 PM
If you are acting as a taxi - ie being paid for these collection/delivery runs then as Ricky says - be very careful.... you will be considered as a taxi service and you should then be looking into the legalities of being a taxi service (ie licensing, insurance etc).

Could the parents not actually employ you are their nanny ?

amy douglas
24-01-2012, 05:49 PM
if the parents employed me as their nanny, what would that entail? would i still have to do contracts child record forms permissions slips etc?

Pipsqueak
24-01-2012, 06:18 PM
if the parents employed me as their nanny, what would that entail? would i still have to do contracts child record forms permissions slips etc?

no I am presuming you wouldn't. I'm afraid I wouldn't know about teh nannying side of things