PDA

View Full Version : overnight care ?

nelly
24-01-2012, 03:35 PM
just wondering what ofsted would need me to have in place if i needed to provide overnight care .im already registered for upstairs anyway. would i have to have a spare room that no one else uses or could my 2year old go back in with his big sister(shes 5 & she has bunk beds in her room) when a minded child stayed over ? .my son prefers to sleep in with his sister anyway.:huh:

Helen79
24-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Ofsted have just registered me for overnight care. I've only got 2 bedrooms, my dd and ds share a room so a mindee would either have to share in with me or in with my own children. I'm quite surprised that ofsted agreed to it but they've only registered me for 1 under 3yr old mindee.

You don't need a spare room so it should be fine for a mindee to sleep in your ds's room while he's in your dd's room. Depending on the age of the mindees they may be able to share with one of your own children if everyone was happy with that.

Velleity
24-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I too am registered for overnight care for one child and do not have a spare bedroom but do have two beds in one room - my daughter only uses one of them, so there is a spare.

nelly
24-01-2012, 04:25 PM
oh thanks for replies ,thought i needed spare room. thanks:)