PDA

View Full Version : FIRST ENQUIRY

kelly76x
28-12-2007, 10:23 AM
yippieeeeeeeeeeeeee was minding my own buisness yesterday not giving a thought about childminding as i havent recieved one enqury since i registered in early november was geting the lounge ready for a party we were having last night and the phone rang a woman said "hello i'm just enquiring to see if you have a space for a 4 year old" and i was speechless haha i actually thought whats she on about then i remembered oh yeah i'm a childminder haha i was so excited but then she explained what she was after so it turned to dissapointment as she dosent live by me but her son goes to my local school and is after somone to fetch him from home take him to school then pick him up and take him home now to me thats not childminding thats a taxi service but i explained i dident drive but she could drop her son off at mine and i would care for him and do school runs till he gets picked up and she said she would call me back so doubt i will hear anything again but i was so excited that someone actually rang lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL !!!!! xx

angeldelight
28-12-2007, 10:42 AM
You did make me laugh Kelly ha

Great news about the enquiry shame it was not to be

This may be the start of many calls now so fingers crossed for you

Hope you enjoyed your party ?

Happy new year and good luck

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
28-12-2007, 12:09 PM
oh kelly, what a shame it didn't work out, fingers crossed that in january you get lots more calls and they work out as full timers for you

xx

bubbly
28-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Shame it wasn't exactly what you were hoping for but congratulations anyway on your first enquiry. At least it shows your advertising is being taken notice of. It's been slow for me too but everyone tells me the phone calls come in cycles.

Bubs xxx

Polly2
28-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Well done! You did make me giggle, forgetting you are a childminder :laughing:

hope the phone continues to ring for you!

Mollymop
28-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh Kelly! Well done for getting your first enquiry! I can imagine u were a bit shocked when she rang as you had your mind on other things and forgot you were a childminder:laughing: !! lol
I hope she does ring you back. But at least you know people are out there and hve seen your adverts, etc.
My friend who has been a c.m for just over a year said it took her from Sept 06 till April 07 to get any kids and now she is turning them away.
So good luck, I am sure it will pick up before you know it!

Love Sandra XXX:)

Spangles
28-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Kelly!

Well done on your first enquiry!

I have only been registered since the end of August and calls do seem to come all at once. To begin with I had about 4 in a week but 3 of them I couldn't do, then nothing, then the week before Christmas I got another 2 enquiries in one week which I can do so they do seem to come in blocks for some reason! Hopefully you'll get some more shortly!

xx

Banana
29-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Any enquiry is still good news!!

It means your business is being seen!

Well done, lets hope the next one turns into a contract!

x

LittleMissSparkles
30-12-2007, 09:51 AM
does sound like she wated a taxi rather than a childminder !!!

as Lana has said you are getting noticed which is a good thing

I had an enquiry at about 7pm on christmas eve, couldnt believe it, christmas eve i ask you .... couldnt help any way as was for a different school but would have been a god contract little girl full time and other before after school full time, didnt have the spaces either so couldnt have done it anyway

sure the phone will be ringing again soon xxx

emler
30-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I got a call yesterday about minding a 4 year old part time (4 afternoons). I can't do it either because I'm full on two of the afternoons they wanted child care. Was gutted to have to say no as I have spaces the other 2 afternoons aaahhh! On the positive side, it was the first enquiry I've had who had noticed my ad on netmums so thats good.

Emler x