PDA

View Full Version : Might have a problem...

mum2two
22-05-2008, 09:35 AM
I have one mindee who started earlier in the year. She's due to start school in Sept, so knew I'd have a space coming up. I had an enquiry for a full time baby, so I've filled the space.

Forgetting all the changes about rising 5's we're not 100% sure on, but mindee has not got into the same school has her sibling. The school I collect from. Her playgroup has told mum that if a space doesn't come up before Sept, then she can carry on going to playschool 5 mornings a week, until a space comes up.

That's all very well for mum & mindee, but it affects my numbers. I will have 3 under 5's, plus her. She's not 5 til next year. My boy will be at playschool 3 mornings a week, little mindee every morning, and this mindee every morning too. Plus a baby.

I don't know if ofsted will give a variation, as I don't know how long it will be for. What if she doesn't get offered a space until the new year...

Don't want to give notice to them, as both kids are lovely, but at the same time I cannot afford to not take on the full timer, as she might be offered a space within weeks...

Arrrrrggggghhhhh - what to do? :panic:

Any bright ideas?

Blaze
22-05-2008, 09:37 AM
As soon as you are caring for the baby...I would then approach OFSTE|D for a variation based on continuity of care for all LO's involved. :)

berkschick
22-05-2008, 09:49 AM
As soon as you are caring for the baby...I would then approach OFSTE|D for a variation based on continuity of care for all LO's involved. :)

Snap :thumbsup:

sarah707
22-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I would speak to Ofsted first, explain the situation and ask them what they think you should do....

They are going to be inundated with questions exactly like yours and they are not going to be happy with the extra bother and work this is creating...

Go in on the 'continuity of care', 'promises to parents' and 'parent choice' angles.

Hopefully if we all say and do enough, it will lead to them helping to get this silliness changed! :rolleyes:

miffy
22-05-2008, 09:58 AM

Me too!

miffy xx

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx