PDA

View Full Version : Hows your Chinese New Year planning going?

karensmart4
24-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Yesterday we put up posters for 'good luck' and 'Gung Hay Fat Choy'.

My assistant read 'Dragon Dance' while I went upstairs and changed into a Chinese outfit complete with hat, came down picked up a plate of prawn crackers and a plate of fortune cookies then walked through to serve the children ...... their faces were a picture :laughing:

After snack etc. we finished off the hats that we painted last week and we hung our dragon decoration on the ceiling.

Today we are going to make 'dragon' masks or puppets :)

On Weds we are making 'Lucky Envelopes' I managed to find some choc coins in WH Smiths for 49p a pk plus it was buy 3 pay for 2 :thumbsup:

Next week we will make Lanterns to end with the festival of light :D

ziggy
24-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Yesterday we put up our Happy New year poster, coloured in our dragon pictures, talked about chinese new year. Today we are making dragons from egg boxes.

The Juggler
24-01-2012, 01:59 PM
we are doing low key :laughing::laughing:

watched lots of dragon dances and butterfly dances - and joined in
made dancing dragon puppets
had noodles for lunch

that's us done :thumbsup:

sandy64
24-01-2012, 02:19 PM
yesterday we made dragons coured lots of pictures made fans and made chinese dress up dolls, we had a party lo were chinese hats used chopsticks to eat noodles ate chinese and crackers biscuits. then played with noodles a good day tommorrow were making masks, Thursday were cebting Australian day:)

Playmate
24-01-2012, 02:24 PM
we are doing low key :laughing::laughing:

watched lots of dragon dances and butterfly dances - and joined in
made dancing dragon puppets
had noodles for lunch

that's us done :thumbsup:

We are even lower key :panic: Time ran away with us this year and decided it didn't follow the children's interests ;) Made a big thing of it last year so don't feel to guilty :blush:

flowerpots
24-01-2012, 02:34 PM
We made happy new year cards yesterday also had noodles for lunch and today we have made lanterns, tomorrow we are making dragon puppets and thurs we are watching and taking part in dragon dancing. :)