PDA

View Full Version : Another angle on advertising

smurfette
23-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Thought this was an interesting one, maybe I am a bit late with this occurring to me and others have already thought of it, :o but thought it might be of help to someone...

Have just filled my ad hoc hours (mon and fri am, and tues am every second week) with a mum who has just had a second baby. She is on maternity leave and lo used to be with a childminder but near mums work on the other side of town,,, mum wants a break for her from the toddler as she is tired with baby too and would like some time with him, and also feels lo is missing out on company and getting too clingy to her, and is worried she will be hard to leave with anyone soon. (family all live far away). Really she wanted someone who would take both los in june four days a week when she returns to work, which I don't think I will be able to accomodate although you never can tell can you... but I said if she was happy to just play it by ear and for me to give her the break now we would see how it went.

I know someone else said they had got some nice work visiting the baby clinics and offering mums a break from new baby / get baby used to being left with someone, but it didn't occur to me to gear it towards a first sibling with new baby. Anyway, maybe it might help someone, I sure am pleased!!

Wendybird
24-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Think this is a great idea, I have certainly considered taking my toddler to a CM on my day off for a couple of hours so that I could do something one-on-one with my baby! Unfortunately I'm not keen on the two other CMs near me. Ah well!

Tippy Toes
24-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Great idea, I think a lot of mums would appreciate some time out to themselves :)

Playmate
24-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Great idea and you never know what it might lead to in the future :D

chez
24-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I look after a little boy had him since he was 7 weeks hes now 6 months. Mum doesn't work but older child aged 3 is in nurserys inthe mornings B comes to me one 1/2 day a week and means she gets a lovely 1/2 day break