PDA

View Full Version : School run with three 2 and under?!

handeme
23-01-2012, 04:57 PM
How do you all manage the school run with three under twos?

I do have the option of using the car but preferably I like to walk. Parking is a nightmare and by the time you've strapped them in and out, got the pram in and out your better of walking. At the moment I only have two days were I have three littlies around for the school run so I am more than happy to use the car then. But, in three weeks time I will have school runs five days a week with three aged two and under.

I do have an out n about nipper double and was thinking of buying a kid sit board (we've tried a buggy board and it wasn't very successful). Does anyone use the kid sit? Do you have any other ideas. The youngest is 14 months and the oldest 2.

C x

Trouble
23-01-2012, 05:00 PM
take your double buggy and whoever is best at walking put on reigns:idea::clapping:

remember it well:D

Daftbat
23-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I was in this position a couple of years ago. I bought second hand triple buggy and it has been great - you can walk faster on the way back if the weather is bad and all children can be snug or covered with a raincover too. It doesn't go through any doors but its geat for the school run!

amanda1309
23-01-2012, 05:24 PM
take your double buggy and whoever is best at walking put on reigns:idea::clapping:

this is what i do:laughing:

some days i have 3 x 2 yr olds (only just 2 in early Jan) and if I'm brave enough and haver loads of time i put them on reigns and walk.

other days i have 2 x 2 yr olds and a 1 yr old and i might also use reigns for the 2 yr olds and put 1 yr old in single.

it can be done but you need loads of time and patience :laughing:

singingcactus
23-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I take my double, and my middle mindee 18 months walks. The youngest and oldest go in the pram. In a month though, assuming the variation goes through okay, the eldest and the current middle one will have to walk and the two youngest will be in the double. With previous doubles I have fitted a buggy board, but my neither of my current doubles doesn't take them. Unless I can get one for a phil and teds with both seats in use.

But either way, they get good at walking really quickly, so just stick to walking whichever one is best on each day.

rachelle
23-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Phil and teds will take a lascal maxi board with both seats in use - I use one daily :)

I tend to find the 18 months -2 walk better than the 2 plus year olds purely because they whine a lot less :D :D

helengreen13
23-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm buying a turtle bus from America as it will take 4 it's a bit pricey but will save us a lot of time and reckon it will be worth it in the long run. X

Helen

VINASOL
23-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm in the same position with doing school run 2 or 3 times a week (12m, 15m and 24m) so i went and bought a triple stroller. It will be a lot less stress having all 3 strapped in...i tried having one on walking but it was a nightmare pushing double buggy and sorting out the lo too...am hoping the triple will be a lot easier.

samb
23-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Will none of them walk? Is it far? According to google maps school is 0.8 miles from me but doesn't take account of 2 alley ways so I say it is 0.5 miles - From just under 2 mine like to walk although I must say I do prefer them in a buggy for a bit longer! If it is too far for 1 to walk could 2 walkers take it in turns to sit in the buggy/walk?

loocyloo
23-01-2012, 07:15 PM
i use my double 3 wheeler and have a buggy board, but my nearly 2 1/2yr old, managed the whole way to and from school walking (with reins) at a reasonable pace last week, so hopefully its byebye buggy board!

i have enough trouble with my double being 2 wide for some of the paths around here, i'd be forever walking in the road with a triple!

Trouble
23-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Handy tip if its windy make sure you have the heaviest child on the reigns or it will get blown away !:laughing::laughing::laughing:

singingcactus
23-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Phil and teds will take a lascal maxi board with both seats in use - I use one daily :)

I tend to find the 18 months -2 walk better than the 2 plus year olds purely because they whine a lot less :D :D

Thank you very muchly :)

smurfette
23-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Wow turtle bus!! Is it very pricey Helen?!

handeme
23-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah they will walk but we have to close every gate in everyones gardens and we have to pick up all the sticks along the way!

I I walk with the double buggy and my 5 year old it takes 15-20 mins or 45 mins with a little one too, thats just one way.

C x

chez
23-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Love the look of the turtle bus but I can't help wondering what my back would be like if I was to be pushing one of them around with 4 kiddies in it.
Would be intrested to hear how it manages with pathments that arent so wide.

Personally unless it was a good distance Id walk the 2 yr old.

We try and walk them as soon as we can in our setting.

miffy
23-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I saw an out n about nipper with a bike attached to one side of it the other day in town. Never seen anything like it before but maybe yours are a bit too small for that.

Miffy xx

samb
23-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah they will walk but we have to close every gate in everyones gardens and we have to pick up all the sticks along the way!

I I walk with the double buggy and my 5 year old it takes 15-20 mins or 45 mins with a little one too, thats just one way.

C x

:laughing: Lovely! Yes must say when I only have 20 mins I do put the almost 2 yr old in buggy and only let him walk when we can take 35 mins! Maybe try doing a walk where they have to find things on the way and if that makes them quicker than do it every school run! Agh! Hope you get a better solution!

helengreen13
23-01-2012, 09:04 PM
The turtle bus is approx £1000 :blush:. Have read reviews and researched and they are not that bad to push. Will publish picture when I get it and let you all know :clapping:

Helen x

smurfette
23-01-2012, 09:08 PM
The turtle bus is approx £1000 :blush:. Have read reviews and researched and they are not that bad to push. Will publish picture when I get it and let you all know :clapping:

Helen x

Do! It's an excellent idea, saw one on an Irish site (had to google it to see what it was!) and it was 1,600 euros, so don't suppose any cheaper so. Look forward to a review!

Vickster
23-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I have a Lascal buggy board on my Phil N Teds. School is 5 minutes walk fo me. 10 with a little one walking.

nipper
23-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I have a litaf 'seat to go' on a maclaren twin techno. My 23 month old loves it but is still happy to walk. I only put him on it when we are near the roads as he hasn't been practising holding hands with his mum. I see her bring him to school and he's everywhere quite literally. There is no way I would let him run off miles ahead like she does with him. I used to have a buggy board with ds when dd was born five years ago and it took a real hammering before we condemned it to the tip. Somehow I don't think the 'seat to go' will be that hard wearing, so we'll see...

~Grasshopper~
24-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Thank you very muchly :)

i can confirm my lascal maxi fits on my p&t sport with doubles kit on, its perfect for a toddler as they can hold onto the the 2nd seat BUT the break doesnt work due to the connectors.

xx

PerkyEars
24-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Depending on their weight could you have the lightest in a baby carrier type thing? When I have two, I find having one strapped on and pushing a buggy much easier than pushing a double.

singingcactus
24-01-2012, 05:24 PM
i can confirm my lascal maxi fits on my p&t sport with doubles kit on, its perfect for a toddler as they can hold onto the the 2nd seat BUT the break doesnt work due to the connectors.

xx

And thank you too :) I only need to park once on the school run and I can lean it against a post, thanks for the heads up. My variation came through today so need to get the board ordered now!

loocyloo
24-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I saw an out n about nipper with a bike attached to one side of it the other day in town. Never seen anything like it before but maybe yours are a bit too small for that.

Miffy xx

might it have been a 'bibi strolli rider' ? i had one for a while when DD was little, she loved to sit on it and it was great, as it was at the side, but next to me, so didn't get in the way of walking! i sold it a while back as i hadn't used it for 3 years, then ended up buying a buggy board! i think that for the strolli rider, you have to know that the child will sit still and hold on!! whereas on the buggy board, it seems less crucial!

helengreen13
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Have ordered a 6 seater turtle bus - so excited. Wonder what the local cm's will make of it on the school run x

marnieb
06-03-2012, 07:49 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

just looked at the turtle bus!!!!!!

JCrakers
06-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Im loving the turtle bus :D Bit pricey for me and the school is a hill walk on the way back and no way am i pushing that up a hill....lol

Good idea if you have the money ...bet you'll get some looks pushing that though

Can i be nosey and ask why youve bought a 6 seater? Will you be pushing the schoolies?

caz3007
06-03-2012, 09:59 AM
We saw someone with something similar to the turtle buss when we were on holiday in cornwall, thought they were a good idea if you have lots of LO's. There was a man and a woman with it and several LO's. Probably easier if you can take it in turns to push...lol

Helen Dempster
06-03-2012, 10:37 AM

This is what I do :)

funemnx
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Handy tip if its windy make sure you have the heaviest child on the reigns or it will get blown away !:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Mine wear extra heavy boots!

CH1957
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Brilliant!!! :laughing:

I'll have a 12 month, 16 month and 19 month next month, luckily only 1 day a week. Im hoping the oldest one will use a buggy board.