PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare...in a panic now!

berkschick
22-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I have my inspection next Wednesday. I chose the wednesday as it an easier day with just G next week. She only sleeps in the buggy so have been emailing Mum about signing a consent form, explaining that my inspection is next week and G will be here asleep, etc. Mum was fine about it and signed the form no problems.

Dad just dropped G off and it came up in conversation that they are going away on Saturday for a week! They didnt tell me! Even throughout all the emails it wasnt mentioned.

So now I have my inspection on a day where I have no minded kids here :panic:

I am going to ask M Mum if I can have her for the day, free of charge. I hope they dont have any plans :(

mrsbumbles
22-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Whoops, hope you can have m, what a nitemare!

Hope everything goes well on Wednesday :thumbsup:

miffy
22-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Just be thankful you found out now whilst you still have time to sort something out and get over the panic

Good luck - hope M is available!

miffy xx

berkschick
22-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I might just not let her go home on Tuesday evening!

I know it is a complete over sight on G parents part as they are great people to work with.

sarah707
22-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I really do not understand some parents! :rolleyes:

I hope M is free... if not, you could pop up here and borrow my M... she is just 4 and an absolute star :D

ajs
22-05-2008, 08:29 AM
i was going to lend you one of mine
wednesday is my busiest day i'd be delighted to share with you

wendywu
22-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Dont worry, if you end up with no children phone Ofsted and say YOU have a family crisis and YOU have taken the week off from minding and are not working as you have to be there for your family. You will be running back and forth with hospital appointments and dont even know what days and times you will be around. So the inspection will have to be re- arranged.

Just lie, it would not be fair for you to be inspected with no children. And if there was a family crisis then you would tell Ofsted " sorry but not today" :blush:

emler
22-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I hope M is free that day for you. I was going to suggest having one of mine on Wednesday or maybe you could take all 4 of them?????? :D Good luck with it

Emler x

flora
22-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I you were local I would happily lend you Hannah for the day :D

Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

wendywu
22-05-2008, 11:15 AM
If you are in a group of minders who go out together and you know the children really well and could borrow one (with permission ) then do that.:)

berkschick
22-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Problem solved, I can have M 9am - 2pm :D

This is better in a way as she is an angel.

Thanks for all the offers of other kids though :D

Pauline
22-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Glad it is sorted.

But if this happens to anyone else I wouldn't lie I would phone Ofsted and explain what has happened and say that you want your inspection moving as you are not prepared to be graded with an automatic 'satisfactory'. Say that you want it moved to a day when you will have children, they are usually good about it if you give them enough notice.

miffy
22-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Pleased you've got it sorted Debbie

miffy xx

ma7ie
22-05-2008, 12:51 PM
It happened to me too Debbie. Ofsted said they were coming on Wed, Thurs or Fri, then parent told me mindee wouldn't be coming on the Fri. Luckily they came on the Wed anyway but I had a bit of a panic on.

Glad you got it sorted.

Could have offered you my dd but think you would have been tearing your hair out after 5 mins.:D

wendywu
22-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I think they will move it once if you say you hav no children but that is all, also they will only give you a certain length of time without children, then they will come and inspect you, children or not.

But if you are not minding for a week, say there was an emergency, or on a brighter note you won a holiday and were away, or decided to take a week off with DH then they will not come. What you cannot do is have children and work as normal and lie by saying that you are not minding to avoid an inspection.:)

berkschick
22-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I want to get it all over and done with, I didnt want to put it off!

FUnnily enough, M Mum was more than happy to help me out lol She has already made a hairdressers appt and arranged to meet a friend for lunch!

ma7ie
22-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I want to get it all over and done with, I didnt want to put it off!

FUnnily enough, M Mum was more than happy to help me out lol She has already made a hairdressers appt and arranged to meet a friend for lunch!

:laughing: :laughing: So would I!

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Glad you got it sorted out in plenty of time Debbie

Angel xx

wendywu
22-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes free childcare most parents would jump at it.:laughing:

Hope it all goes well for you.:)

allinatiz
22-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I rang Ofsted when my mindee was off unexpectedly and my inspector said it was no problem and that she would ring again to rearrange my inspection. This means that all my panic is on hold waiting for the next call!

Glad you got it sorted, good luck!

Saz
28-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Just to say good luck for today! Hope your inspection goes OK.

wendywu
28-05-2008, 07:38 AM
You will be fine, by using this forum it gives you a lot more knowledge and insight than other minders have. I dont think you would be thrown by any question that an inspector could ask of you.

Good Luck.

caza
28-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Good luck for today. Hope all goes well :D