PDA

View Full Version : childminder information session - frustrated!

helentwinmum
23-01-2012, 11:53 AM
been trying to speak to someone at leeds family hub since thursday. i've emailed and left messages but got nowhere. i am thinking i might start putting together policies and procedures (wrote a lot for my local preschool in the past) and work on getting the house and garden straight. bit worried about the fact we are in rented accomodation and the impact of my 3 girls on ratios. my eldest is 6 and my twin girls are 3 although they will be 4 and at full time school before i get registered.

helen

helentwinmum
23-01-2012, 03:17 PM
finally got through and am booked on a info session. only snag is its a monday afternoon which means finding childcare for the girls. spoke to planning department and all is ok there so next job is to get the place clean and tidy (suffered with lack of storage for a long time so it's chaos) before speaking to the landlord. we rent from friends so i hope things will be ok there but i don't want them to say no because it's messy!

nell57
23-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Hope the info session goes well:thumbsup:

But be prepared that childminding=lack of storage=chaos is the norm:laughing:

sarah707
23-01-2012, 07:14 PM
If you think you might have a problem with your landlord it's always best to check first rather than find out further down the road because you will need written permission from them.

I hope you sort it out soon! :D

miffy
23-01-2012, 08:10 PM
If you think you might have a problem with your landlord it's always best to check first rather than find out further down the road because you will need written permission from them.

I hope you sort it out soon! :D

Good advice from Sarah.

Good luck

Miffy xx

helentwinmum
23-01-2012, 08:13 PM
we're going to email them tonight. i plan to go to ikea and am going to fill one wall with storage units and boxes. should go along way! i also have a cupboard on the landing and an understairs cupboard which can be reorganised. i have 3 kids and so much stuff that needs housing it's scarey