PDA

View Full Version : Monthly themes under twos x

handeme
23-01-2012, 09:42 AM
All my mindees are two and under and I don't do school runs. Up until now I have not had a theme of the month because they are too little to understand. I am now thinking of doing a colour, number and book of the month. So for example February can be all things red and the number two.

I want to start introducing them gk colours and number, would you think this is a good idea x x

JCrakers
23-01-2012, 09:49 AM
This is something I do. A colour and a shape for each month and try and incorporate into the theme.

So for March last Year one of my activities was Red nose day, So colour was red and shape was circle. For October - Halloween/Orange etc. But it doesnt always work for every month.

handeme
23-01-2012, 09:58 AM
This month I tried white, thinking it might snow and number one for January.

February I am thinking of red, valentines day and number 2 for Feb. I am trying to think of lots of activities that incorporate the two. I will have to have a good look through all my books for a book to link x x

JCrakers
23-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Thats what Ive got on mine....I have a 3yr old who can start to recognise the numbers/shapes on paper and around the environment, drawing hte shapes and naming them whereas a 2yr old could be looking at counting items, in books, songs and looking at shapes and learning their names etc.