PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to RA toys?

lucyD
23-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Am just reg the other week, Mrs O looked at RA & all was fine & now reg but a friend who also going through the process was told you need to RA toys also? Never been told this & if its correct do you need to RA EVERY single toy? If so I will be doing it for months!!!!!!! What do you all think? do you do it? :panic:

rickysmiths
23-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't risk assess every toy, I need a life!! I have risk assessed some of the outdoor slides, climbing frame etc. as part of my garden RA.

I was inspected in September and was complimented on my RAs and given outstanding in that area.

lucyD
23-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Cant see why as long you make sure they play with age appropriate toys! They are not going to pose a risk as they are designed to be safe! I agree about outside toys etc

Will prob just do a quick rA & point out I make sure they are supervised etc & use age approprate toys-that ought to do!! PHEWWW!! Thanks :)

Demonjill
26-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I just evidence

age appropriate toys

trampoline and other large garden play equipment

toys are cleaned and checked on a regular basis:thumbsup:

etc

EmmaReed84
26-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I haven't Ra'd all my toys as such but I have got some general RA's regarding toys... Large play equipment, age appropiate toys (not giving tiny Lego to babies etc), also cleanliness of toys (If I have a child with a cold who puts toys in their mouths I clean it up before another child does the same. Also clean all my toys on rotation different box each week, throw old toys away)

jadavi
26-01-2012, 07:17 AM
I thnk it's things like unexpected toys too that could be dangerous. I bought a huge powerball for rolling to each other. A toddler hurled himself at it and did s somersault over the top in the garden. Luckily no damage. Whoops go and revise risk assessment of ball.