PDA

View Full Version : Max lo's / schoolies in one day?

Loushah
22-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi All,

I currently have 2 lo's and 2 schoolies every week day with another full time lo starting in June. I have an enquiry today for another schoolie from the same school...would this be too much?

How many do you have in one day?

Goatgirl
22-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi All,

I currently have 2 lo's and 2 schoolies every week day with another full time lo starting in June. I have an enquiry today for another schoolie from the same school...would this be too much?

How many do you have in one day?

Hi :)
I think alot depends on personalities, but also you get used to having more children and it suddenly seems really quiet to have any less after a while.

Monday is my busiest day:
7.30/8.00am arrival of
F, 9yrs
C, 8 yrs
I, 6yrs
T, 5yrs
Fr, 5yrs
A, 7 mths
B, 5 mths
Ib, 18 months (variation for 2 x under ones anytime and 4 under 5 for 2 days a week is in place. F and C are both over 8 so don't count in the under 8 ratios. They are actually brilliant helpers and help me spot potential hazards etc on our journey, hold younger ones' hands etc)

I do the am school run with that lot and return home with the 3 LO's by about 9.00am, then

9.30am arrival of
S, 18 months

at 2.30pm, collection of
B,

Take with me to school,
I, S and A

Meet A's mum at school for collection.

Pick up F and Fr from school and bring them home. Get home at 3.30pm

S is collected at 3.30pm
Ib is collected at 4
F is collected at 4.30
Fr is collected at 5.30pm!

One of my after schoolies left at Christmas and its weird how quiet it seems now with only 2 schoolies in the afternoon on Monday and tuesday. I have another 5 yr old weds to Fri when one 18 month old doesn't come :cool:. V. Nice to finish at 5.30 instead of 6 though :thumbsup:

If I were you, i'd give it a go and see how you feel during the settling in period :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Pipsqueak
22-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Gosh it feels like I have a revolving door here some days!

Taking on more children I always try to weigh up the whole thing - childrens personalities, what I have to do during that time and how much time that child needs from me, the logistics (ie walking, buggies etc)

Monday/Wed are mega days - I have 3 kids of my own all schoolies, 3 under 3 till 12.30 2 leave and 1 arrives 1 then leaves at 2pm leaving me with 1 x 2yr old - go to school to pick up 3 schoolies 4-9 yr olds

occasionally before school I have two extra schoolies as well depenidng on parents rota.

Thing is i have been doing 'busy' for so long now - I have become accustomed to it that its no longer 'busy' - having 3 under the age of 3 is a breeze 99.9% of the time, having a zillion schoolies is a doddle - you just get used to it and you 'cope' - you just do because you have to! You have to have the balance right though.

You can only give it a shot can't you!

Loushah
22-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh thank you so much for answering...I now feel much better about taking on another schoolie.

It is really interesting finding out about how many children you have on your busiest days.