PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep in touch with old mindees?

kellib
22-01-2012, 05:26 PM
This week I'm going to visit the woman who looked after me when I was younger, she also looked after my 4 cousins so is now a family friend. She thinks it's lovely that I know take my mindees to go and visit her, we're going on Tuesday so my mindee can play with her grandson :)

Just got me wondering who keeps in touch with mindees and their families once they have left your care?

christine e
22-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I do - very costly at Christmas tho :laughing:

Cx

~Chelle~
22-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I do - very costly at Christmas tho :laughing:

Cx

Same here.

I still have one mindee and her mum and brother come and visit in the holidays and we go out for the days with the kids. I think it is nice to keep in touch, I feel like they are part of my family x

VINASOL
22-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I have 'lost' 4 mindees since I started last year and keep in contact with all of them. One mindee's mum and I have become friends; the other is in my DDs class at school and despite problems/nightmares at home, they have become good friends and ex-mindee has actually come for a play-date and is invited to my DDs birthday party (NEVER thought that woudl EVER happen lol)...and the other mindees (brother and sister) I still see regularly but it is my DS who goes to their house :clapping:

PixiePetal
22-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Some I do, some I don't :)

I had 4 mums and their kids back for a christmas tea last year - ranging from 4-13 yrs old now

still see my old family I nannied for nearly 30 years ago - the parents are my daughters godparents too :thumbsup: their daughter was one of my bridesmaids - and one from another family I nannied - 19 years ago and I have been to 2 of their weddings :thumbsup:

I always know the ones who will keep in touch, some just click and you know they will be friends for life, others it is a business arrangement and after the goodbyes and thank yous it is just christmas cards for a couple of years and then it tails off

ajs
22-01-2012, 05:45 PM
My first baby is 31 this year, she was my bridesmaid and spent the week with us in new york on our 20 th wedding anniversary.

It's a small world
22-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Mindee not long left compared to some . But since leaving both parents have become friends on fb and one invited us to mindees birthday and on occassions have play dates xx

sue m
22-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm still in touch with most of my ex-mindees. One has his own baby and another is in her 20's. We chat on facebook. I get emails and Christmas and birthday cards. :)

caz3007
22-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I have become best mates with one set of mindies mum. We spent New Years Eve over there with some other friends and their families. Another ex mum is part of the same group and the mums are all off out for a meal and a few bottles of wine on Saturday :laughing::laughing:

Another of my ex mums is the same age as my DD 22 and she is like a surrogate daughter to me, she asks my advice and we go to toddlers together. I may be having her new baby at some point if she returns to work