PDA

View Full Version : dissertation question help please

watgem
22-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone I really need help with my dissertation question please, as I currently have 3 different dissertations on the go as I don't have a definitive question yet and have tutorials tomorrow so am panicking! I am doing one on boys underacheivement in cll in the early years, one on boys and schemas in the early years and one combining both! i really need to get a question sorted and pick just one topic to study, the literature review word count has been changed to 2500 words so less to go on now, and I am way over my word count:(any suggestions gratefully appreciated:thumbsup:

The Juggler
22-01-2012, 01:13 PM
how about looking at something like

the links between schemas and a specific area of boys development such as communication or PSRN???

(I did a similar one, looking at the links between schema based play and children's use of metacognition - I found that in play where they used most metacognition, they ALSO were engaged in schema based play)

but you could maybe look at how the environment can better supporting boys schemas helps them develop???

sorry - seemed to have raised even more questions there :blush:

watgem
22-01-2012, 01:18 PM
thanks juggler you're a star I'm feeling a bit like a headless chicken with this at the moment

sarah707
22-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Are you saying it is only 2500 words for the whole thing or just for the literature review? Sorry I am confused.

If it's for the whole thing I think you need to re-focus and cut down the scope or you will find yourself not including things that really ought to be in there.

How about boys and underachievement, focussing on how to support them through their schematic play?

There's lots and lots just from that subject without including CLL or maths or anything.

xx

The Juggler
22-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Are you saying it is only 2500 words for the whole thing or just for the literature review? Sorry I am confused.

If it's for the whole thing I think you need to re-focus and cut down the scope or you will find yourself not including things that really ought to be in there.

How about boys and underachievement, focussing on how to support them through their schematic play?

There's lots and lots just from that subject without including CLL or maths or anything.

xx

yes I agree. As usual Sarah far more focused than me with my ideas swimming around :laughing::laughing:

You could def. look at how the environment (including practice) could be improved to better support schematic play :thumbsup:

watgem
22-01-2012, 05:33 PM
thank you for the helpful suggestions ladies, sorry for the confusion Sarah the whole dissertation has been reduced from 12,000 to 9,000 but I thought that would be ok and they would allocate about 4-5000 for the lit review, but its been reduced to 2500(found out last week) and as I now have over 6000 words I need to limit my focus ifyswim?xxx