PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out, any recommendations...buggys!

Storks
22-01-2012, 12:30 PM
First mindees soon!
But I'm going to need a double buggy, for two big toddlers....... Any recommendations......something that'll last the wear and tear, weight, and be easy to push!!
Thanks in advance!
Tracey x

PixiePetal
22-01-2012, 12:52 PM
depends if you need it to fold in a car/ walking in town/country? etc

All round good one is the Out n about 360 - side by side

I have a twin mountain buggy for the fields and lanes round here but loved my Jane twin two tandem when I was living in a town. Also got a Phil & Teds for taking on the bus :)

I don't drive so that isn't an issue for me, the bus use is very important though :thumbsup:

kellib
22-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I have the nipper 360 double for my two toddler mindees and I love it, it's easy to push, doesn't feel heavy and I can store it away in my cupboard when I'm not using it.

handeme
22-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Nipper for me too. I used to have an umberella style Silver Cross buggy and it was heavy and terrible to push. Can't fault the nipper x

The Juggler
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM
depends on storage and use hon.

i never had a big wheeled buggy before now. I have it and it's lovely to push but a mare to store - too big to use for the car as it's a tight fit in the boot and too heavy to lift on my own. Also have no garage or side access to my house and live in a victorian terrace so lifting the bigger buggies through narrow hallways is not so easy :panic:

I'd go for an umbrella fold if you need good storage and fit in your car. I had a chicco twin which I loved :thumbsup:

kel1983
22-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Out n About nipper 360 for me. I have a Phil & Ted too but really only use this on trips to the town as its easier to fit into the shops.

I mostly have 2 larger toddlers in the nipper and its so light to push.

blue bear
22-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I am a phil and ted fan, both a single and a double so no storage issues, fits on the bus, easy to push, even my big 3 year old fits in second seat, fits in sharan boot which is tiny. Only thing I don't like is no real lie back when two toddlers in it, doesn't really matter for me as we are home for naps.

JCrakers
23-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I dont have a car for work so a lot of walking for me. I have a double nipper 360 and love it.
Its light to push, fab rain cover and hood and I can push it with one hand whilst holding anyone elses hand.
Buggy board fits on too so cant relly fault it :D well only one fault is it wont fi tin my front door but the wheels pop off easily so I pop 1 back wheel off get it in and put wheel back on

flowerpots
23-01-2012, 12:27 PM
depends on storage and use hon.

i never had a big wheeled buggy before now. I have it and it's lovely to push but a mare to store - too big to use for the car as it's a tight fit in the boot and too heavy to lift on my own. Also have no garage or side access to my house and live in a victorian terrace so lifting the bigger buggies through narrow hallways is not so easy :panic:

I'd go for an umbrella fold if you need good storage and fit in your car. I had a chicco twin which I loved :thumbsup:

I lived in terrace a couple of months ago and couldnt manage with the big double i bought so i got a silvercross pop duo and its fab, not as easy to push but is lightweight and folds to almost the size of a single. :)

nipper
23-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Another and Ted fan here, however I 'm not overly keen that my two year old mindee has to go in the bottom seat when I have littlies and can't see very much. It is an absolute godsend for our muddy, bumpy countryside tracks though.Two year old is starting to want to walk everywhere though which is great because it steers really easily one handed, trying to hold his hand at the same time.
Also have a maclaren twin techno but only use this if I'm on smooth pavements and no walkers to hold hands with as would be impossible to steer one handed!

Next buy will be a Twin NIPPER 360 I think!

miffy
23-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Out n about nipper 360 for me too! So light and easy to push even with two big two year olds in.

Miffy xx

ajc
24-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Phil and Ted is great if you have to walk along busy roads, I found that a side by side was too wide if your school children like to hold the buggy and your forever trying to keep them from stepping out.

wellybelly
24-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Phil and Teds all the way!

Tippy Toes
24-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I have a phil & teds and have to say I would recommend it!

Took a little while to get use to after using a mcclaren double previously!

You can fit two children in it or remove the back seat if you only have the one child! Which is great because it means you dont have to have a single buggy and a double buggy.

The Juggler
24-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I lived in terrace a couple of months ago and couldnt manage with the big double i bought so i got a silvercross pop duo and its fab, not as easy to push but is lightweight and folds to almost the size of a single. :)

like the sound of that. I need a double/triple option for a few months only one day per week (hence me investing in the T3) but I think as soon as the now 17 months can do a buggy board I may sell my T3 and invest in one of these - can you fit a buggy board to yours do you know?

I do love my T3 but it's a mare for storage :panic: