PDA

View Full Version : help with St. David’s day ideas

thinkfun
22-01-2012, 12:17 PM
just started next months planning, but can't think of any PD activities that can be linked to St. David’s day, any ideas!!!!!

The Juggler
22-01-2012, 12:47 PM
when we were at school we used to dress up as welsh ladies and do a dance - a bit like a maypole dance but without the pole - you could youtube or google some music and dance to it.

or making your crafts if it includes gluing, handling, scissors etc is PD :thumbsup:

christine e
22-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Daffoldils in a vase then just give them paper, paint brushes and green paint and yellow paint, usually end up with paintings that look like dafs

Cx

tulip0803
22-01-2012, 03:42 PM
For fine motor skills Welsh cakes - recipe here (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5569/welsh-cakes) - Involves rubbing in, mixing, rolling out and cutting rounds (you don't have to use lard!)

Gross motorskills - folk dancing/clog dancing as Juggler says or moving like dragons and lambs. Big heavy movemnets for dragons and light bouncy ones for lambs. Could also do salmon or trout movements and paddling a coracle.

thinkfun
22-01-2012, 05:13 PM
some great ideas, thank you:clapping:

Pinkrose
22-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I love the welsh cake idea, I will definitely do that with mindees :clapping:

tulip0803
22-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Had another thought - What about traffic lights in Welsh? Different areas have different words for things so mine is local to us!

Stopio - stop
Aros - Wait
Mynd (as in WIND mill) - Go
Araf (arav) - slow
cyflym (cuvlim) - fast

Some other movements

Cerdded (cur-thed) - walk
Rhedeg - run
neidiau (neigh-dy-eye) - jump
eistedd (ishteth) - sit

jumpinjen
22-01-2012, 09:51 PM
That's a fun idea - we always make welsh cakes - yummy! we decorated wooden spoons as love spoons last year too!

jen x