PDA

View Full Version : boxes??

mushpea
21-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I saw toothfairys thread in the activity section about a windy day box which is great and it got me thinking about what other boxes like this people have.
so what boxes do you have for the seasons, weather etc and what do you have in them
I posted this here rather than the activities section as i thought more people would view it and respond.

green puppy
21-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a movement and dance box with scarves, ribbon hoops, pom poms, instruments, song/music cd's, song/rhyme books.......

A physical games box with selection of balls, throwing hoops, balance boards, "monster feet", small bats, beanbags, skittles...............

I have a sensory box that has a variety of squishy/noisy/tactile/scented items....

A box that has light up items for the dark den and to explore light/dark/shadows etc..... including projector torches that show images on the wall and a crayola glow in the dark drawing board.

Am in the process of putting together a windy day box with wind socks, windmills, bubbles, ribbons, mobiles, chimes etc...

Loushah
21-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I have a movement and dance box with scarves, ribbon hoops, pom poms, instruments, song/music cd's, song/rhyme books.......

A physical games box with selection of balls, throwing hoops, balance boards, "monster feet", small bats, beanbags, skittles...............

I have a sensory box that has a variety of squishy/noisy/tactile/scented items....

A box that has light up items for the dark den and to explore light/dark/shadows etc..... including projector torches that show images on the wall and a crayola glow in the dark drawing board.

Am in the process of putting together a windy day box with wind socks, windmills, bubbles, ribbons, mobiles, chimes etc...

Wow, that is really impressive....Might have to copy you, hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

miffy
21-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I have a music and rhyme box with books, instruments and puppets relating to the rhymes plus scarves and hoops and pompoms to dance with.

Sarah 707 has a good ebook called baskets and bags with lots of ideas for making these up for seasons, books and festivals. I got lots of ideas from there

Miffy xx

green puppy
22-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Wow, that is really impressive....Might have to copy you, hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

Of course not! I actually got the idea from the tts website as they sell these kind of boxes but they can be expensive. Like miffy, I also have a song bag that has puppets to go with songs and nursery rhymes.

Baildon bears
22-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I like making discovery boxes, I did one box filled with straws and items around the house that they could post the straws in, they loved that. I get lots of ideas from imagination tree on the Internet :)