PDA

View Full Version : Too many kids?

queenie
21-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Everyone, just need some advice! I wondered if there were any other childminders who have really busy half terms? I have 9 minded children on my books, 6 of these are over 8. All the older children are holidays only and hours all vary. Normally it works out well and I cope well but there is one thing that bothers me, I live in a rural location, I have a 7 seater but still cannot fit everyone in to go on outings (even to the park)! I would like to hire a mini bus or similar for half terms so I am not stuck in the house with the kids, has anyone else done this? I have looked into hiring one and it is really expensive, any ideas?

Pipsqueak
21-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I think you are getting into different realms of insurance with minibuses, Best to check out with your insurance first.

SimplyLucy
22-05-2008, 06:10 AM
I've had get my car changed from a7 seater up to an 8 seater, an easy adaption in an 806 as you can get a bench seat to go into the back.

If you have a day out planned can you not get one or 2 of the parents to drop off or pick up at the place you are going?

I'm guessing being rural you don't have many busses around.

Sorry this isn't much help!

cloud9
22-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Everyone, just need some advice! I wondered if there were any other childminders who have really busy half terms? I have 9 minded children on my books, 6 of these are over 8. All the older children are holidays only and hours all vary. Normally it works out well and I cope well but there is one thing that bothers me, I live in a rural location, I have a 7 seater but still cannot fit everyone in to go on outings (even to the park)! I would like to hire a mini bus or similar for half terms so I am not stuck in the house with the kids, has anyone else done this? I have looked into hiring one and it is really expensive, any ideas?

I dont really know what would happen in terms of insurance but in my village we have a minibus that you can use for a donation to the church. It may be worth seeing if yours has one and looking into insurance

mrsb
22-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Is there a hopper bus near to you? we've hired that before, also do you have other minders you are friendly with? you could always get together and spread the children round their cars as well, so long as you get a consent form signed that's fine :)