PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

crazybones
21-05-2008, 08:53 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7412956.stm

Do you think the BBC have a vendetta against childminders? :angry:

miffy
21-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hmmm I agree - the trouble is the press call anyone looking after children a childminder

We don't know if this woman was registered or not

miffy xx

Wendy Woo
21-05-2008, 08:56 PM
All i can say is OH MY GOD I CANT BELIVE IT :angry: :angry:

berkschick
21-05-2008, 08:57 PM
No, she wasnt registered so they should not be calling her a childminder :angry:

angeldelight
21-05-2008, 08:59 PM
That is terrible

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
21-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Grrrrrr too - from what I can recall this woman (piece of lowlife) wasn't a registered Childminder.

Shall we all email NCMA (to set this right) and the BBC to point out their error

:angry:

miffy
21-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Grrrrrr too - from what I can recall this woman (piece of lowlife) wasn't a registered Childminder.

Shall we all email NCMA (to set this right) and the BBC to point out their error

Good idea Pip

miffy xx

ma7ie
21-05-2008, 09:04 PM
That is a terrible story and the BBC should have been clearer and more responsible in the article about the qualifications of the woman.

No wonder people have such a low opinion of us.

sarah707
21-05-2008, 09:06 PM
My thoughts are with the child's parents tonight - I wonder how they are feeling :(

Pipsqueak
Good idea Pip

miffy xx

Have just emailed!!!! On my soapbox again:D

Sorry if I have sounded like I am ignoring the actual story - This is truly a terrible story and to think a human being could do this to a young child:angry: :angry: I remember commenting upon it at the time)

Jinx

Absolutely. Yes.

That poor child. :(

Jinx x

crazybones
21-05-2008, 09:09 PM
My thoughts are with the child's parents tonight - I wonder how they are feeling :(

Yes Sarah you are right. I lost that thought slightly after the recent downer on childminders. :(

Wendy Woo
21-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Have just emailed!!!! On my soapbox again:D

Sorry if I have sounded like I am ignoring the actual story - This is truly a terrible story and to think a human being could do this to a young child:angry: :angry: I remember commenting upon it at the time)

What is the address u emailed i think we should bombard them to help save our reputation.
I agree that this whole subject is horrid:(

Pipsqueak
21-05-2008, 09:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/newsid_3950000/newsid_3955200/3955223.stm

And don't forget NCMA

Sarah you are very right - my thoughts are very much with the family.

littlewonders
22-05-2008, 05:30 AM
Just read this and was ready to post the link. Can't believe what that woman did to a child, what that poor child must have gone through is unbearable. I live 5 minutes away from where this happened and it has been the topic of conversation for a while, intrestingly locals don't brand her a childminder.

I think the bbc should look at how they phrase this story as like already has been said she wasn't registered so shouldn't have been looking after the child, presuming that she had not any crb checks, no training, no OFSTED approvel, therefore surely it'd be more appropiate to title her with something else, perhaps animal?

Oooh it makes me so mad :angry:

crazybones
22-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Just read this and was ready to post the link. Can't believe what that woman did to a child, what that poor child must have gone through is unbearable. I live 5 minutes away from where this happened and it has been the topic of conversation for a while, intrestingly locals don't brand her a childminder.

I think the bbc should look at how they phrase this story as like already has been said she wasn't registered so shouldn't have been looking after the child, presuming that she had not any crb checks, no training, no OFSTED approvel, therefore surely it'd be more appropiate to title her with something else, perhaps animal?
Oooh it makes me so mad :angry:

That is what I said in my email to the BBC more or less. :D

littlewonders
22-05-2008, 06:16 AM
That is what I said in my email to the BBC more or less. :D

:laughing: :clapping: I imagine we are all thinking along the same lines lol!

Tatia
22-05-2008, 08:59 AM
She only got 5 years??!!!

ruby
22-05-2008, 10:18 AM
sorry i think she should have got longer than 5 yrs

those poor parents
they put their trust and there most precious procession in this person care and look what happened they must be devastated.

cathy

littlesprogs
22-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Am i going mad? I cant see where it says she is a childminder? Have they changed it?

Pipsqueak
22-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes they have changed it :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jinx
22-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Am i going mad? I cant see where it says she is a childminder? Have they changed it?

Oh my god, you're right....they've changed it to 'Carer'.......

Jinx x

littlewonders
22-05-2008, 12:18 PM
No way they have changed it!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

No apology though :rolleyes: lol. Well done to all who emailed - your voices were heard at last! x

crazybones
22-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Wooo Hoooo. Did we make a difference. :clapping: :clapping: Go Us. I would like to think my email made a difference along with others. That has made me happy all day. :D

littlewonders
22-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Wooo Hoooo. Did we make a difference. :clapping: :clapping: Go Us. I would like to think my email made a difference along with others. That has made me happy all day. :D

I bet you did Annie! Well done :clapping:

I wonder if they will keep this in mind now in the future, I hope so!