PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a simple cup cake recipe?

Tippy Toes
20-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello

Wonder if any one would mind sharing a cup cake recipe please?

Thanks

xx

Stapleton83
20-01-2012, 02:31 PM
6oz of butter or soft marg
6oz castor sugar (although normal sugar works fine)
6oz self raising flour
3 eggs

In essence you can adapt the ingredients so long as you have one egg for every 2oz of the other ingredients.

Cream the butter and sugar until smooth, add the eggs and do the same, then sieve and fold in the flour a little bit at a time. Put in bun tray stick in an oven at gas mark 5/180 degrees for c.20 -25 mins. Don't open the oven until the time is up or they sink. Test if they are done by sticking a fork in and seeing if it comes out without any cake mix stuck to it.

Hope that helps.

Sam

funemnx
20-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I have a basic cake recipe that I use for various sized cakes

2 eggs
The weight of the eggs in their shells of;

S.R. Flour
Sugar
Margarine or Butter

If I make choc cake I take away 2 tbsp flour and add 2 tbsp cocoa. Variations - add vanilla essence, grated rind 1 orange or lemon (use the juice in the icing), 2 tsp mixed spice, 2 handfulls of either choc chips or raisins/sultanas...

Bake in the oven 170C fan oven, about 15 mins for cupcakes

sharonmanc
20-01-2012, 02:58 PM
125g margarine
125g sugar
2 eggs
125g self rasing flour
pinch salt

bake at 180oc for 18 minutes

Tippy Toes
20-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh thanks everyone you have been very helpful!

They sound great!

And thanks funmnx for the extra ideas. :D

FussyElmo
20-01-2012, 04:14 PM
6oz of butter or soft marg
6oz castor sugar (although normal sugar works fine)
6oz self raising flour
3 eggs

In essence you can adapt the ingredients so long as you have one egg for every 2oz of the other ingredients.

Cream the butter and sugar until smooth, add the eggs and do the same, then sieve and fold in the flour a little bit at a time. Put in bun tray stick in an oven at gas mark 5/180 degrees for c.20 -25 mins. Don't open the oven until the time is up or they sink. Test if they are done by sticking a fork in and seeing if it comes out without any cake mix stuck to it.

Hope that helps.

Sam

I use this except I all a tsp of baking powder and a tablespoon of warm water. Im also a fan of chucking all the ingredients in a bowl and whisking up together :thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
20-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I use the same amounts as Stapleton83. I cook the cupcakes for 18 mins and turn the tray round half way through, I've never had a problem with the cakes sinking. For chocolate cake I replace 1oz of flour with cocoa. Sometimes I add chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts for variation. Hx