PDA

View Full Version : Complete change in behaviour

BuggsieMoo
20-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi All

I mind LO (2 years) 3 days a week - up until this week LO has been really well behaved and has been a pleasure to have around.

Today LO's behaviour has changed completely - smacking/pushing/shoving a younger mindee who LO has previously never had a problem with, yet in the next breath is passing them toys, drinks etc. Snatching their drink off them and running off with it and 'hiding' it. Knows the word NO but is not listening to it and is ignoring me totally when I speak to LO. LO is normanlly a very gentle child who has pets at home and has today decided that kicking our 4 month old kitten is acceptable as well.

Everytime this has happened I have removed LO from the situation and sat them on the floor by themselves for a moment to calm down, but still in my eyeshot - do you think I should be doing anymore? I will obviously advise the parents tonight about the change. I know some will be age related but it just seems today that everything LO does has to have some degree of 'naughtyness' (sorry cant think of a better word at present) added to it.

Thanks all

BuggsieMoo x

funemnx
20-01-2012, 02:10 PM
If this behaviour is unusual, is there any reason you can think of that might have caused it? He might be coming down with something or be tired? Possibly the parents haven't mentioned some change at home?

Either that or he's hit the T2's!!! :eek:

BuggsieMoo
20-01-2012, 02:14 PM
If this behaviour is unusual, is there any reason you can think of that might have caused it? He might be coming down with something or be tired? Possibly the parents haven't mentioned some change at home?

Either that or he's hit the T2's!!! :eek:

LO has been poorly on and off for a few weeks now with one thing of another so mum is taking back to drs. However not sleep as had a 2 hour sleep and its still happening.

Think it might be the T2's like you said.