PDA

View Full Version : Transition

handeme
20-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I am hoping to become accredited intime for my mindees that are with me turn 3. The scale that my local council (don't know if it is the same as everyone) is that they look at you and grade you in the different areas as low, medium or high risk. I am low risk for all mine apart from transistion.

I have never had a child leave me to go to another setting or school so can't show evidence of this although I do have a policy that covers it. I am just about to start with a new mindee who is moving from a nursery to me, could I use this as evidence and how would I show it? x

funemnx
20-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes, transition isn't just for children leaving, it's for new ones arriving too :thumbsup:

handeme
20-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I had just planned regular settling in sessions as well as the all about me info, would you do anything else x

funemnx
20-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Just the usual, getting as much information from the parents as possible about the child's likes and dislikes, how he manages change etc. Some children cope with change better than others, the importance of continuity in daily routines and planning activities that are well known to the child which is reasurring to the child.....

Stapleton83
20-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Do you take your mindees to any playgroups or regularly somewhere if so could you get mum plus LO to meet you there to get them in the swing of going somewhere other than your house, just a thought.

Sam

zippy
20-01-2012, 06:58 PM
they should give mum los LJ maybe you could photocopy or take photos of the pages, I expect mum will want original