PDA

View Full Version : Working in partnership?

samkeddy
20-01-2012, 10:54 AM
hello :)
Just wondered if anyone has any tips for working in partnership with nursery, we chat and exchange info, and i write these things in ljs but thats it, i really dont want to show them the ljs as i think they would have no interest whatsoever!!!
Was thinking maybe a quick form that they could jot comments on or just sign if nothing to say just somenthing a little more formal????
What does everyone else do? thanks

sarah707
20-01-2012, 11:31 AM
You should think yourself lucky to get that much information from them!

I am supposed to be working with 2 and neither communicate anything... well 1 is worse than the other but even so...

I get most of my info from looking at the walls for displays and asking the child. I also ask for newsletters so I can see what they are doing (if they write one).

It is very frustrating to keep writing to them and asking for partnership working and being ignored - especially as I know it will impact on ME on my next inspection when it is no fault of my own. :(

samkeddy
20-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes its that part thats annoying i know ofsted will say i have very little evidence of working in partnership but at the same time i dont want to be annoying at nursey and taking up their time when i am there last priority!!

I will consider myself lucky then that they do talk to me and i do get regular newsletters that go in lj (although they are for the whole school not just nursery and alot doesnt appy)

Ill just cross my fingers that ofsted dont expect too much :rolleyes:

Good luck with yours

miffy
20-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I find it's an uphill struggle usually with me making all the effort :rolleyes:

Like Sarah, I just try and get as much info as I can and write it up in the lj.

Miffy xx

zippy
20-01-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm very lucky as we have a nursery teacher who is very open to sharing, I took in lo lj when she started the other day along with a summerative assesment on the 6 areas which she was very grateful for, she has gave me her monthly planning so I know what they are up to there, and we have agreed that I will plan some activities in line with her planning but where my lo is showing interest so for example they were doing number 3 and 3 little pigs my lo is unto ict at mo so I'm finding 3 little pig thing on comp then we are going to share photos. She has also told me to look at their lj whenever I want to and I will probaly take mine in termly and leave it there for a few days for her. Just ask them outright, they may not be interested but they will find it hard to say no if you're direct. Just try and come across like you are going then the favour, bringing them photos etc not causing them more work and build it from there

samkeddy
20-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm very lucky as we have a nursery teacher who is very open to sharing, I took in lo lj when she started the other day along with a summerative assesment on the 6 areas which she was very grateful for, she has gave me her monthly planning so I know what they are up to there, and we have agreed that I will plan some activities in line with her planning but where my lo is showing interest so for example they were doing number 3 and 3 little pigs my lo is unto ict at mo so I'm finding 3 little pig thing on comp then we are going to share photos. She has also told me to look at their lj whenever I want to and I will probaly take mine in termly and leave it there for a few days for her. Just ask them outright, they may not be interested but they will find it hard to say no if you're direct. Just try and come across like you are going then the favour, bringing them photos etc not causing them more work and build it from there

Aww! it sounds like youve got a great relationship!!
I find our nursery teacher quite scary if im honest, shes stern and unapproachable!! She always makes me feel uncomfortable and unknowledgable!! i dont think ill get far by speaking to her but they are having parents mettings in a few weeks which i will be going to as my daughter attends the nursery too, ill see if i can get anywhere then!!

funemnx
20-01-2012, 01:55 PM
the 2 playschools my lo's attend are lovely people - but still no comments in the summative reports. I saw my DO this morning and she recomended I write in what they say, for example, one playworker commented that she can see I do a lot with the children, so that's definately going in! ;)

watgem
20-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I have the same problem and feel the same as you Sarah, at my last inspection the lady wanted to put lack of communication with preschools down as a reccomendation so I explained to her that it was not on account of a lack of effort on my part. one of the preschools recently had a management change, and we are all hoping that things might change with regard to this.

Milly-Molly-Mandy
20-01-2012, 10:42 PM
The nursery I pick up from at the moment is terrible for sharing information, infact Im still waiting for my lj back for a lo who started in september the same time I handed the lj over.Every time the teacher sees me she goes and hides !!! which I find both funny and irratating.A nursery I use to pick up from was fantastic they could'nt share enough information and had a monthly meeting with all the childminders and how we could support the mindees in their next steps.

jadavi
20-01-2012, 11:25 PM
After phoning first. I sent the nursery the all about me sheet and summative assessment then rang a week later and asked if I could visit when mindee is there and talk to key worker 'as we're supposed to work in partnership' and they agreed! Luckily I have an hour free when I can do that.