PDA

View Full Version : Shocked!

handeme
19-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Need to vent!

I spend ages everyday, making sure I pass lots of information onto my parents. This always includes pictures and details of the observations etc, only to find out they don't bother reading it, arrrggh. I am sure that this is common for parents not to do and many of you probably have a similar experience of it but its so disheartening.

Also, I am really shocked by the ignorance of other minders. I was having a conversation about places and what space we have and don't have. The person I was talking to has one spare EYFS space for one day a week yet is taking on a full time EYFS child. One of her own children is in part time education so she was under the impression she could fill that space, when I corrected her the response was I know its wrong but I am going to do anyway because others do. I know money is important but surely risking the care of other children just to bring in more cash is wrong. It's so annoying when you work hard and work to the rules and regulations when others just come along and exploit it.

Sorry needed to vent my frustration. C x

Zumba-mum
19-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I have heard lots of cm say they have took more on then aloud, it does make me :angry: when i'm starting out and doing everything by the book and have spaces to fill.

handeme
19-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Luckily I am full and are turning work away. It just gets me so cross that so many of us work really hard day in day out and try get the correct impression of childminders across to people only for others to go and spoil it.

boxtree7
19-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Its seems to be very common - I now CM who claim tax credits and send their child to daycare and then fill her space.

lisa1968
19-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Luckily I am full and are turning work away. It just gets me so cross that so many of us work really hard day in day out and try get the correct impression of childminders across to people only for others to go and spoil it.
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!........tell me about it!!!.It just shows that some people are just in it for the money!!I've been tols about a 'minder who has taken on 5 under 5's-all at the same time!!! Don't know who she is or where she lives but I'd report her if I knew!!

uf353432
19-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Look i'll be straight with you - all this frustration is a waste of time.

By feeling this was is this going to make these CM changes their ways?

YOU take care of your business - you run it properly and you hold you head up high. You don't have the stress of wondering if today Ofsted will pitch up or if a DO turns up.

If these CM operate above their numbers they have the stress of explaining themselves if and when Ofsted pop round. You on the other hand can enjoy working to rule and building up a great reputation with parents who are seeking care from a CM who is professional.

Quite often the business builds naturally as experience grows and to be fair - if you have a vacancy - please enjoy that time because when word gets out at how fab you are you will long for those days again.

Relax - let them stress about their behaviour - you just enjoy being a CM who works within the rules- I wouldn't want the stress of thinking 'Is today the day I will be busted?'