PDA

View Full Version : story sack

mumof3
19-01-2012, 08:40 PM
hi all,
i would like to make my own story sacks, does anybody know of any websites that i could download resources from such as we're going on a bear hunt?:)

karensmart4
19-01-2012, 08:48 PM
If you look at ebay you will find things, or google what you are looking for print, laminate and use a gym/resource bag.

Good luck, I have done a few story sacks in both these ways, I make my own bags.

sarah707
20-01-2012, 07:55 AM
I have lots of story sacks and I really enjoy putting them together.

I buy bits and bobs from charity shops and car boot sales and build them up over time.

A soft toy, a related book, a game, a jigsaw (often home made), some small world toys, a background scene... great fun!

Get the children to help you and they are more likely to take ownership and treat it with respect :D

zippy
20-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I posted a Northumberland website the other day think the title was online stories or something like that, they had a load of printable resources to go with stories, also tes may be worth a try or the companies own website I think the gruffalo site has some bits on

stardust
20-01-2012, 11:05 AM
hi all,
i would like to make my own story sacks, does anybody know of any websites that i could download resources from such as we're going on a bear hunt?:)

I have a bear hunt and I didn't download any thing,
I simply got a bear, cardboard box, a wooden spoon and some bottles.
For grass- a small coke bottle filled with green rice and green paper
River- another bottle with water, blue paint/food colouring and some silver gift wrap cut into little squares
Mud- Sand and Soil with a little water (makes a brilliant squelching noise)
Forest- Wooden spoon, with 4 peice's green ribbon string tied to it, i have also laminated some little leaves and tied them to it. The children love this!
Snow storm- another bottle with water and wilco's silver paint, As the paint is oil based when you shake the bottle the paint and water swirls.
Cave - An old shoe box painted with a mixture sand and brown paint (gives it texture) I then prop the box up using the lid and this is that cave. I also use the box to store it all in.
My mindees love this one better than the owl one I was given on training costing £60.