PDA

View Full Version : Update on my appeal

mrsb
21-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Just thought I would update those who knew about it, I have actually had the thread removed as I suddenly thought I don't really know how "safe" info is on here:blush: if you see what I mean:o

Anyway, without going in to the details again of the restriction I was trying to get changed, I thought I'd let you know that the appeal went to panel on monday and I got a letter fo mofsted today to say that they won't be giving me a variation:censored: :censored: :censored: :(

so there you go, not good news for us as a family really and I've got to seriously consider if i'll carry on childminding:(

Spangles
21-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I must have missed your original thread on this so don't know the history but I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Is there nothing else you can do or does it end at an appeal?

angeldelight
21-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh that is a shame

Hope you are ok ?

I dont think there is anything else you can do now is there ?

Sorry to hear that

Hugs to you

Angel xx

mrsb
21-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I must have missed your original thread on this so don't know the history but I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Is there nothing else you can do or does it end at an appeal?
I can go to an independant panel or something but to be honest I know they will go with ofsted, realistically they aren't going to go against each other are they:(

mrsb
21-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks angel, I am ok, it's been so long since it all started I've kind of got used to it, doesn't make me feel good about it though:censored: and any little faith I had in ofsted has gone out the window completely:rolleyes:

Jinx
21-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Mrsb
I'm sorry to hear this.
I think I do remember your original thread, and if it is how I remember, then you have been very unfairly treated.

Hugs

Jinx x

Spangles
21-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry, yes, I do know what this is regarding, I've just twigged.

I'm so sorry for you and your family and can completely understand why you're not sure if you can carry on.

I wish there was something I could do to help.

xx

charleyfarley
21-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Sorry I too missed the thread so don't know exactly what was happening.

Just wanted to say sorry they went against your variation

You sound really down about this, don't let this make you give up minding

A big hug is sent to you

Take care

Carol xx

mrsb
Thanks all, you've all been lovely on this site :) xx

Pipsqueak
I am so sorry. It seems totally unfair and unjust.:mad:

You have done really well so far in fighting this, I would carry on fighting - the independant panel is just that independant. They may just overrule on this occasion.

I can understand why you might give up minding and the profession will be sorrier for the loss

sarah707
21-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I do not feel you have been fairly treated and I totally understand why you are wanting to do something else ...

I hope when you have found time to reflect you will decide to carry on... let us know xxhugsxx

wendywu
21-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I have said this before go and see your local MP. He is your representive in any dealings with any goverment body. One evening every two weeks you can get an appointment at his surgery. Google it and it will give you a number to phone. It cannot do any harm. What ever way you decide to go i would do this as well.

Good luck.

Blaze
21-05-2008, 11:27 PM
It's very easy to say keep fighting...i imagine your exhausted! I really wouldn't blame you if you stopped childminding! Good luck in whatever you decide to do & keep us posted!:)

mrsb
22-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks again all :)

well me and hubby have talked and we've booked a solicitor appointment for next week to see where we stand legally etc. For now I am going to carry on, all the parents know about the situation and have agreed that children will be picked up no later that 4.45 which is only 15 minutes earlier than now anyway. I'll just have to see how it goes, at the end of the day though my family are my priority so I need to do what is best for us :)

Thanks again for all the kind words though, it's meant a lot:)

Pipsqueak
22-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree with Blaze - she is right in saying you must be exhausted with this. I think you are very brave and very tough in doing this and I wish you all the best with it MrsB

katickles
22-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah i remember your thread now - I am so sorry that they have come up with this decision - how unfair!!!

Hopefully after yu have been to see your solicitor, you may feel you want to go on with the fight.

Whatever you decide - Good luck :)

tulip0803
22-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I am sorry about the news. It is so frustrating and unjust.
Good luck with solicitor.

Spangles
22-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm so pleased you are seeing your solicitor! Don't forget your local MP may be able to help you.

I hope that this is all sorted and over and done with soon for you and your family.

I think the whole way Ofsted has treated you is disgusting to be honest, it can't be right.

ruby
22-05-2008, 03:39 PM
think i remember your post
just wanted to say good luck with what ever you decide to do
i do think you and your family have been treated badly.

hopefully you will continue childminding but can understand if you decide to give up

cathy

Alibali
22-05-2008, 06:15 PM
That stinks!!!! They are being really unfair, it's nonsense, if your parents all know the situation and are still happy to send their kids surely that is good enough. Jobsworth folk drive me mad.

I really hope it all works out well for you.

Hugs for you all,

A x

mrsb
22-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks again all, I don't like to not say thanks when more people answer lol:o :)

Lou
22-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Im sorry i didnt see your original post, so i dont know the situation, but just wanted to wish you the bes of luck with everything.

manjay
22-05-2008, 07:01 PM
What a difficult situation to be in. I hope the solicitor is able to sort this for you. It would be such a shame to give up minding but I completely understand why you would

amanda xx