PDA

View Full Version : First parent visitor tomorrow!

littledinosaurs
19-01-2012, 05:35 PM
:o
I've got my first parents coming tomorrow for their initial visit and although I have everything ready I'm really worried that I've frogotten something or they'll ask me something I'm not prepared for!
Any help or advice????
Thanks
Tracy

kirstya
19-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I normally have my folder out with all my policies, insurances, risk assessments etc, etc and a sample copy of a LJ, but parents have rarely given it a second glance. I think they are more bothered about the "feel" they get with you and your setting, and how their children react - if they go off and play etc.

So I'd say just be yourself, have a good chat, and if you get on and she seems keen maybe suggest another meeting to sort out paperwork etc.

You will be fine, Good Luck, :thumbsup:

kel1983
19-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I ws so nervous when I had my first visit and still get nervous now. We always forget to tell parents something. I like to give them a quick tour of the house then take them to the lounge where we can relax and chat. I let them ask the questions and then fill them in on anything we may have missed.

Zumba-mum
19-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Just be honest with them. If a parent asked me a question that i don't know i just say sorry i don't know but will find out. They will know your new at this so really don't worry. Easy said then done :).

Hope it goes well.

samb
19-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Good luck for tomorrow :)

Stapleton83
19-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Good luck, believe in yourself it will be fine.

Think about what you would be looking for if it was you, that's how I always look at it. :)

miffy
19-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Just be yourself - if you have a brochure or something with all your details, policies etc in then give this to the parents to look at whilst you play with the child - most parents will want to see how you interact with their child.

Good luck - you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Loushah
19-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I have only had three meetings and two out of the three chose me. When I have had my meetings with parents I always try and put myself in their shoes and think what would I be looking for in a childminder.

I always try to be enthusiastic when speaking about the children and mention that I love looking after children with a big smile on my face (I know I sound cheesy!!).

If the children are there I try and interact with them as much as possible and I have my children around and interact with them so they can see that you are good with children...my first meeting I got my husband to keep my two young boys in the playroom whilst I talked to the parents and the mother breastfed her baby to sleep so didn't interact with their baby either..that's why I think they never chose me.

Good luck and try and relax as much as you can.

Demonjill
19-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Good luck and just be yourself:thumbsup:

angeldelight
19-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Dont worry

Ask them lots of questions they always like to chat about their little ones

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx