PDA

View Full Version : University terms

Wendybird
19-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Mods please move if this should be in fees.

Just wondering if anyone else does care for university students? I just took on a new mindee who's mum is going to uni in September. He is starting with me 1 day a week and will likely be going up to 3 days then. When we were signing contracts she asked about term-times and caught me off guard. I think she was hinting about only coming & paying half time when she's not at uni. I've just had a look and it seems that the uni really is only in term for 30 weeks! I told her I would get back to her.

What do others do in this situation? She is not a young mum, but is single, and presumably will be getting TC (don't know her financial situation). Is it likley that uni will contribute to fees? How does that generally work (sorry, I didnt' go to uni in this country - it's all new to me)?

angiemog
19-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I have a mindee whose parents attend uni. They get 80% of the fees paid all through the year. So I charge full fee throughout. They were happy with this as its my income and I'm keeping the space open. I have to fill a form out each term and sign to say what has been paid.

Tippy Toes
19-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I look after a little one who's mum goes to uni.

The uni pay a certain percentage of the fees - not sure what.

I charge half fee for the 6 weeks summer break and then charge full fee for everything else (No fee when I am off.)

Hope this helps xx