PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to bond with mindee!

muffins
19-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Been minding/nannying for 14yrs but I now have a 15mth old (had since sept) that I just can't seem to bond with!:(

I just can't understand it! Never had this before! Has it happened to anyone else or am I losing my touch!

She is a little sweety but the bond just isn't there! She is well behaved, never has tantrums, enjoys anything, playing alone, with others, going out, staying in, arty bits and cuddles, not demanding at all! She also sleeps and eats well! Is a little sensative after being away for a short time, if on holiday or sick but id really the purfect mindee!:rolleyes:

Have thought about giving her parents notice as wonder if its right for her to be here but feel quilty about that really as there last childminder went on long term sick, I don't want her passed around! I don't let it get in the way & treat her the same to all the others, I do care about her, but I just can't bond!:(

QualityCare
19-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Perhaps the reason is just as you say she is the perfect mindee, you have not had to do anything with her to build up the bond, she settled well is at the age of being independent and not needing anything else yet, l would just enjoy her as she is l'm sure you will bond and another 3/4 months may see changes when she becomes more reliant on you as her independence and frustration grows.

rosebud
19-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I agree, just enjoy her. As long as you are not treating her any differently outwardly then I think its fine, she probably doesn't feel the same as you. I had one I never really bonded with, same situation - she was really well behaved, but I had her for 4 years and still feel that I did a good job.

sarah707
19-01-2012, 06:17 PM
You can do a great job with the child without necessarily bonding. I wouldn't worry about it too much xx

Tatjana
19-01-2012, 09:53 PM
You can do a great job with the child without necessarily bonding. I wouldn't worry about it too much xx

I agree with this and the child will never know how you feel about it so won't have any affect on her.

I don't think we can bond with every child we mind, don't give yourself a hard time over it. As long as the child is happy and content, you're doing a great job!