PDA

View Full Version : How quick for an urgent variation just now?

mama2three
19-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Mum informs me today that she has to train next week - full time - then 3 more weeks in the next 10 , or her job is at risk .
Ive emailed ofsted , but how realistic is getting a variation for Monday?
The woman I spoke to said to post in a form - you wouldnt get it before i need the variation says me. Have sent them an email marked urgent and crossd everything. Mum has texted 5 times this aft asking if I know yet!!

miffy
19-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Last time I needed one urgently (for the following week) the person I spoke to on the phone contacted the variation team, she then e-mailed me the name and e-mail address of the person who would be dealing with it and I sent the variation form to him. He phoned me to say he'd agreed it and I got the cert on the day I needed the variation for (not that that matters as long as it's been agreed)

Get back on the phone :D

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
19-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Last time I got one in 24 hours and they emailed the cert to me. You actually don't have to have the new cert in hand anymore as long as the conditions are updated on line which they do as soon as they grant the variation.

Fingers crossed I emailed an urgent one last night to start next Thursday. Mum has been told she has to work an extra day, i managed to swap days for today but can not do that again.

Helen79
19-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I've had 3 variations agreed on the same day that I've phoned ofsted. I had to email them the details for 1 variation and the other 2 they didn't ask for anything in writing, just took the details over the phone and granted it straight away.

Zumba-mum
19-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Hope you get it :thumbsup:

mama2three
19-01-2012, 05:24 PM
well that took an fairly amazing 3 hours!
phoned them at 12.30 , returned email around 1.30 , granted at 4.30!:clapping:

flowerpots
19-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Yay! glad they were efficient. :clapping:

Bluebell
19-01-2012, 08:33 PM
wow that's amazing - I thought it would be something that would take weeks! well done for getting it sorted!

mama2three
23-01-2012, 07:18 AM
After all that had a text late last night that she had made alternative arrangements.:angry:
Easier week for me now , had already spent the fees in my head though!

Demonjill
23-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow that was very quick!!:thumbsup:

Grrrr:mad: annoying wont be the word

O well at least you know it can be done super quick lol

miffy
23-01-2012, 08:38 PM
After all that had a text late last night that she had made alternative arrangements.:angry:
Easier week for me now , had already spent the fees in my head though!

How flippin annoying! Won't you charge her anyway?

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
23-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Ive just had a variation that took 48 hours to process. I checked online and saw that my conditions had changed and ask them if they could email it. They said they no longer email certificates across (this was on the 12th Jan). :panic:

rickysmiths
25-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I have just had a Variation request processed in 48hrs :clapping: Emailed to them on Thursday and agree and online by Monday morning.

It is good to hear they are generally working like this because if parents need changes because of work they can't wait weeks for variations to come. Well done Ofsted for getting your act together at long last.

BuggsieMoo They don't need to email certs anymore because once the info is attached to your report and conditions you can work, you don't have to have a hard copy of your certificate any more in order to work with the new variation.