PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

Roseolivia
19-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I need to renew my car insurance. I have just had Motor Minder on the phone to give me a quote and she said i need to make sure as well as business use on my car i also have liability cover as that what covers the childrne if we're in an accident??? Help, is she talking right???? I thought business use was all we needed. Thanks

rickysmiths
19-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I hate Motor minder well Blu Fin for this they are terrible at trying to frighten people. I would report them to NCMA for doing this to you.

There are many insurance companies out there that do the correct cover for cms and civer all the passengers in the car.

Churchill
Direct Line
Morton Michel
to name a few.

I was with Blu Fin for one year and so was my dh. We were so disgusted with the treatment I got we will never touch them again. They seem to relish in frightening people into thinking they are the only ones that provide adequate cover for childminders. That is absolutely NOT TRUE.

Lil chicken
19-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Another one who will not use Blu fin again.

I'm with Bell (part of Admiral I think) and so is every childminder I know! Very reasonable

sarah707
19-01-2012, 06:40 PM
They are absolutely out of order saying things like that. They are trying to sell you something you do not need :(

We are with Morton Michel and find them very competitive especially when we had a Jap import and everyone else was over-charging for it.

I hope you get it sorted :D

Roseolivia
19-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Thank you for the replies, i was starting to worry thinking the last 4 years i wasn't insured properly. Won't be using them then.

samb
19-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I am with Morton Michel too. Get loads of quotes and make sure you specifically say you want car insurance to cover you to use for childminding purposes. :thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
20-01-2012, 12:47 PM
im with sheila's wheels and it was so much cheaper than all the others, i have it for use in connection with my business and im listed as a childminder.

xx

ChocolateChip
20-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I've gone with MM for my car (cheaper than other places despite putting my oh on as a named driver) and just switched home insurance to them aswell, about the same price wise but much better cover.